help

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

help

Postby newduckhunter » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:00 am

i have been trying to join the army for about 4 months and i keep failing the hearing test by 5 points in my right ear, i want nothing more then to be one of you guys, so if any one would like to help from washington state i am selling my hunting stuff to raise money to keep taking hearing test till i pass as they are 73.50 each time i try. i got a .17hmr w/scope, a pse bruine bow, and a dozen and a half decoys and two spinning wings for sale. i have no set price just the highest bid takes it. thank you guys for any help and i hope to be hunting and working with you guys in the near future.
newduckhunter
hunter

Re: help

Postby MIKE J. » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:23 am

newduckhunter wrote:i have been trying to join the army for about 4 months and i keep failing the hearing test by 5 points in my right ear, i want nothing more then to be one of you guys, so if any one would like to help from washington state i am selling my hunting stuff to raise money to keep taking hearing test till i pass as they are 73.50 each time i try. i got a .17hmr w/scope, a pse bruine bow, and a dozen and a half decoys and two spinning wings for sale. i have no set price just the highest bid takes it. thank you guys for any help and i hope to be hunting and working with you guys in the near future.

Who is charging $73 for a military hearing test???????

Schedule another physical "with the recruiter" and wear hearing protection for the 24 hours before your test. stay away from all noise generating devices. You should be able to pass then. No need to sell your stuff.

Good Luck
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby newduckhunter » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:10 pm

i already used my two tests that my recuiter said every one gets and that i need to go to a civilian doctor to test and submit thoughs results and civilian doctor is charging 73.50 each test.
newduckhunter
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:54 pm

If that recruiter really wants to make goal for the month then he can schedule another test. Try talking to another army recruiter or consider another branch of service.

Good Luck :beer:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby USMCDUCKS » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:57 am

1st as mike said THE RECRUITER SHOULD PAY!!!!!!! not you for any reason. here is a tip wear ear pro for 24 hrs prior and when the test is happening close your eyes and open your mouth. that will amplify the sounds somewhat/
Semper Fi
Sgt Loeper
USMCDUCKS
hunter

Postby grunt_doc » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:24 am

You may even have some build up ear wax. That can limit your ability to pass an audiogram. DO NOT USE Q-TIPS to get it out. That will only pack the stuff further back into your ear. Flush it out with warm water in the shower, wear the ear pro like the others said, and you should be ok.
Texting is just a polite way to communicate whilst taking a dump.
grunt_doc
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:15 pm

No offense guys, but if recruiters paid to rephysical everyone that failed and wanted to join, the national debt would triple. I'd recommend going to see an audiologist and figure out why your hearing isn't good. The MEPS will not continue to do physicals once someone DNQ's unless they are given a reason why he should pass now, and that is up to the MEPS doc. My MEPS doc wanted a letter from a doctor saying he gave the same exact test, and the applicant passed it.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:01 pm

Good advise about the Doc NHD :thumbsup:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:39 pm

As NHD said...recruiters are limited in what they can do. MEPS only allows you to bring someone for a physical, etc 2 times before they completely disqualify them. In order for a recrutier to bring the individual back to MEPS he/she must present med docs for approval to re-physical. Wear the ear protection like others said and do stay away from loud noises. Good luck.
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby Belly up dux » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:10 am

Ask if he can submit a waiver. If you are not in a tech listening skill then you should be approved. Otherwise, wear ear pugs as stated, no boom, boom radio, no engines or machinery.
Belly up dux
State Moderator

Return to Military Forum