goose and duck number in your area

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

goose and duck number in your area

Postby vanvo » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:04 pm

how are the goose and duck numbers in your area? here there are about three to four hundred geese and i counted about a hundred ducks on our pond along 75. all of the farmers are putting up coyote decoys and scarecrows which is moving all of the geese into our fields. cant wait for the season to open back up
vanvo
hunter

Postby Wags » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:08 pm

I am not seeing the usual numbers that I did this time last year. This warm weather is not helping any migration either. Have seen small flocks of geese from time to time, but not the duck trafffic either. Lets hope it picks up on my sightings before October 15.

Wags
Wags
hunter

d and g

Postby bcinerie@aol.com » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:18 am

I have been seeing a ton of ducks and geese west of cleveland!!!!
Brandon
bcinerie@aol.com
hunter

Postby 5150Fred » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:23 am

I really haven't seen the usual numbers of geese and ducks around NW Ohio. I hope the cold weather brings them in.
There's nothing like seeing'em cupped and committed
5150Fred
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:12 pm

I have seen a few more birds making their way down over these last few days not cold enough but I think they helped a little both ducks and geese, was out scouting our spot for the opener today same as it was last week tons of ducks should be a great shoot now if the day will just get here already!Saw a few divers around, even a raft of bills the other day and saw a few divers today.Best of luck to everyone this weekend
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting