Hello Arkansas

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Hello Arkansas

Postby w1!dbill » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:10 pm

Howdy,

I grew up in Brinkley and hunted ducks on the farms around there and in the Dagmar WMA. I joined the Air Force after high school and just retired and ended up in Utah cause of a decent job. I've been participating in the Utah forum for about a week now and just thought I'd stop in to say "hey" to you guys. I know you're probably about to jump out of your skin waiting for the season to get there...it'll be here before you know it.

I hope you guys have plenty of both water and ducks this year. Seems like it's been too many of one and not enough of the other for the past few years down there.

I was surprised that duck hunting is such a big thing out here. These folks take it seriously and there's a lot of habitat and a lot of ducks. There's also a lot of hunters...that can be a good or bad thing depending on the situation. We had a good opener out here last Saturday, but the weather was horrible, for duck hunting...80 degrees and sunny with no wind. Another thing you wouldn't believe unless you saw it is the mosquitoes. I know most of you, especially around "the delta" have them bad. I've never seen as many mosquitoes as I saw last weekend in the marsh close to the Great Salt Lake and I'm definitely not used to dealing with them while duck hunting. Arkansas mosquitoes do bite harder though...probably cause Arkansas folks have tougher hides :smile:

Have a great season. No matter how good the hunting is here, I'll be dreaming of shooting them in the flooded timber.

...a displaced Arkie

Bill
w1!dbill
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:16 pm

Welcome to arkie forum! I must say there is a lot of anxious folks around here, Weather sucks, no water yet, Ducks migration is little slow this yea as well. As far as the skeeters go there starting to come back out now even after all rice is harvested, I think they figured it never going to get cold, I about to agree. But seems the years folks complain about not having ducks I get to see more than I have ever in my life. Good luck to you and the Utah hunting.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting