pflueger rods and reels

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna

pflueger rods and reels

Postby duckschooler » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:17 pm

I am wanting to buy a new baitcaster and have looked at a lot of different ones online. I really like the pfluegers and am thinking about the patriarch, summit, or supreme. If any of you guys own these and could give me feedback or maybe a short review it'd be greatly appreciated. I am also wanting to put the reel on a pflueger president rod and have found very little on them and the only place I have found them is on ebay and landbigfish, they look high end and are in my price range. So again if you have any info. to help me make my decision it would be greatly appreciated. If it helps I'd get the 7'0 or 7'2 MH rod. I really don't want any feedback about other brands I'm definately wanting to get one of these pflueger reels and a pflueger rod.
Thank you for looking.
http://www.landbigfish.com/tacklestore/ ... m?PID=5666
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Re: pflueger rods and reels

Postby allnighter » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:38 am

I have the rod and reel and they are both great. The rod has great action and the reel is super smooth. What gear ratio are you looking for.
allnighter
hunter

Postby duckschooler » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:28 pm

I think I'm going to get the 7:1. I've heard a lot of the pros say its easier to slow down then to speed up and I'm going to do more topwater and soft plastics fishing then crank baiting. Thank you.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Postby allnighter » Fri May 01, 2009 10:03 am

Ya if you like topwater you dont have to crank so fast to work it right.
allnighter
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Mon May 04, 2009 6:56 pm

It is easier to slow down than speed up, but if you already know you are going to be going slow more often (topwater and plastics) why not go slower, or maybe somewhere in the middle. No sense going fastest.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Sat May 09, 2009 12:23 am

I prefer fast for topwater and soft plastic. Sometimes you got to rip them out quickly.

Just a side note. you may be a fleuger guy, but I've owned two in my life and both conked out out within the year. They were cheaper ones but I'd thought I throw that in. They are scratched off my list. see, I couldnt keep my mouth shut.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby duckschooler » Sat May 09, 2009 10:24 am

I understand I've heard some people say that about pflueger, but my buddy has had his trion for about 5-6 years and still going. That's long enough for me.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Return to Fishing