Custom Decoy Bags by Diane

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Custom Decoy Bags by Diane

Postby Bandit29 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:38 am

Looking for number to get in touch with Diane Svelling out of NJ. I ordered a couple of bags that she said would be shipped on the 4th of last month. Haven't got anything yet and she hasn't responded to a couple of emails that I have sent her wanting to know what is going on with my order. Thanks!
Bandit29
hunter

Re: Custom Decoy Bags by Diane

Postby R-Factor » Sat May 02, 2009 10:36 am

Wow...I think this is like the 4th or 5th time I have read a posting like this regarding her...yikes. I almost ordered a bunch of bags from her a year ago and am glad I didn't now- based on the many similar situations I have heard about. Seriously, your story with her is starting to sound like a broken record on these forums...what a shame. I hope she comes through for you. :no:
R-Factor
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Mon May 04, 2009 6:56 am

There is only the e-mail on her site.

info@customdecoybags.com

I have heard good and bad. The good is pricing and the bad is slow delivery and slow response. Some people think customer service is just ignoring customers until you have what they want. Just calling and saying "I am sorry, what would you like me to do?" Will almost always fix it. People just want to know what is going on and most companies don't get it.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Rick Hall » Mon May 04, 2009 7:07 am

I really hate reading about folks having difficulties with Diane, because she used to absolutely great to deal with. Too good for her own good probably. Because when I bought my bags with custom specs from her some years ago, she sent them very quickly - and with an invoice, rather than requiring prepayment, despite having never dealt with me. Stuff happens and things change.

(But she took a chance on me, and I'll probably do the same with her if ever I need similar work.)
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Bandit29 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:05 am

At this point I am not bashing her and will not say anything bad about her. However she has recieved payment and told me that my order would be shipped on the 4th of April. I still haven't got anything and she hasn't responded to a couple of emails that I sent her. I would just like to know what is going on since she has already been paid and I don't have anything to show for it. A simple email or phone call would take care of all of it.
Bandit29
hunter

Postby Timbo4 » Tue May 12, 2009 8:25 pm

For what it is worth, I have ordered from her in the past and had no problems.
-Tim
Timbo4
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Wed May 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Timbo4 wrote:For what it is worth, I have ordered from her in the past and had no problems.

Ditto. But I have read many complaints too but I can only speak from my own experience.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby Bandit29 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:43 pm

Well its been over a month since she said she would have them shipped. Still no replies to a number of emails and even a hand written letter that I sent to her address from her website. In the hand written letter I gave her my phone number and asked her to call or email me and let me know what was going on with my order. Especially since she has already been paid!!! I sent my last email to her just the other morning stating that I either wanted my bags or my money back before I took further action. Looks like I will be taking other action, still no reply from her.
Bandit29
hunter

Postby WSUWESTON » Wed May 13, 2009 8:11 pm

I noticed she is selling some on ebay, maybe try contacting her through ebay?
WSUWESTON
Forum Moderator

Postby legband » Fri May 29, 2009 12:31 am

well by screwing you over and having her reputation shot down the tubes by all the hunters reading the post. Its safe to say her business will go down hill and will regret f ing u over :)
If their feet arent down you didnt fool em
legband
hunter

Postby grunt_doc » Fri May 29, 2009 12:24 pm

Not what I wanted to hear about her......I planned on ordering some bags. Does anyone know of any other companies that do similar work? I want to get some slotted bags that will fit my bigfoot floaters.
Texting is just a polite way to communicate whilst taking a dump.
grunt_doc
hunter

Postby WSUWESTON » Fri May 29, 2009 12:43 pm

I would just buy them from her on ebay, that way they will give you your money back if you have any issues.
WSUWESTON
Forum Moderator

Postby legband » Fri May 29, 2009 10:14 pm

I use avery bags for my bigfoots sometimes. You dont even really need bags for big foot floaters ive had some of these for many years without using 6 slots and they are still in great shape. If you get any other brand id surely get some sort of 6 slot. I just throw them around in the boat its alot less hassle. Then once a year before season i touch up the flocked heads.
If their feet arent down you didnt fool em
legband
hunter

Postby Bandit29 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:24 pm

Well I finally did get my bags! So far they are of good quality, no complaints about the bags, but not sure why it took so long and why she couldn't or wouldn't respond to any emails or the hand written letter I finally sent. But all in all, I'm happy with the bags.
Bandit29
hunter

Postby WATER DOG » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Don't buy bags from Custom Decoy Bags By Diane.
She cashed my check back in May 2009. As of today Aug. 6 2010 ( 14 months) she has not completed my order. She does not return emails.
WATER DOG
Newb

Postby WATER DOG » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:21 pm

Diane sent me a check today. My bank said it is a fraud check. She even spelled the banks name wrong on the check.
Can you beleive this lady?
WATER DOG
Newb

Postby dafeist » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:12 pm

Wow, Ive purchased bags from her 5 different times and had no problems. In fact, just got one order on Friday and one today in the mail. I emailed her last week and she returned it the following day. Ive read many similar complaints from people but Ive had nothing but positive experiences with her. Strange.
dafeist
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:28 pm

I hate to say it, but I have fell victim to Diane now. I ordered a bag a month ago and she promptly cashed my check. Three weeks later and three e-mails I still have not received a bag or any communications from her. I am greatly disappointed.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum