early season

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, Ichabod97, callncut

early season

Postby flint4045 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:17 pm

Any one go today?
flint4045
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:24 pm

Check de huntin report, a fine mess of ducks fell to Kesslers gun "today" Goods good to me :salude:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:25 pm

yup. i shot once at two teal, but missed. they came about 35-40 yards and went so quick, it was crazy (it was probably the last minute in legal shootin hours).

....did you?
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

You do your thing, I'll do mine...- Montgomery Gentry
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:30 pm

Evening Dh, you saw two more teal than I did this evening. had so many things to do that I did not even think huntin til I got on this thing. Good luck tomorrow, knowing you, you will be there :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby flint4045 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:56 pm

I left the house about 6pm this after noon. Me and my little girl went and set on the dam of the family pond and long about 7pm or so here come 3 woody's buzzin right up the middle to us. I shot and folded one right up he landed about 10 or 15 feet in front of us. This may not sound so special just one ole woody drake with no dekes out no dog work and certinaly no limit of birds. It was the first time my 3yr old little girl was with me when I got one.
As I was wading out to get him she was jumping up and down on the bank saying how proud she was of me. Kinda funny huh. Her being proud of me. I was tickled she was with me . Yep I went and can say it was one of my best days out there yet. :mrgreen:
flint4045
hunter

Postby goosesmacker » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:36 pm

I am very happy for both you & your daughter. Today will be a day you or her will never forget. I hope you and her will have many more years like today. :thumbsup:

Goosesmacker :cool:
------------------------
www.vawfa.org :thumbsup:
goosesmacker
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:13 pm

I agree with Smackdaddy, It truly will be a day you and she will relive many times in both your lives. A day shared with you little girl is priceless. Glad you and she had opportinity to share the time together :thumbsup: And YES, it was a good day

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:57 am

yea, sounds like an excellent time....hopefully i might have a couple shots today at somethin.
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a 4x4.....we can skin a buck and run a trot line & A Country Boy Can Survive....- Hank Jr.

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:50 pm

so hows everyone likin the early season? so far its been awsome, but hopefully monday i might get somethin :laughing:

diver-hunter
hunter

Postby cut_un » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:24 am

Slipped out for a rainy day in "de floater" and collected a mess of ducks for diner and also a "woodie for de wall" for my new huntin buddy :getdown: I swear that drake woodrow did not have one ruffled feather. :eek: :eek: It should be a great memory of a good day on the water and of being his first mounted duck and the first duck he killed out of his new duck boat, :salude: I left him mumbling something about that duck costing him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Good job buddy and may that duck be the first of many more "great adventures " and plenty more ducks laying in "de boat" :getdown: :getdown: :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:55 am

cool. man i wish i coulda got a shot at those ducks. lookin back on it now i think they were goldeneyes (not pintails)....man that woulda been a nice duck to get mounted :yes:

diver-hunter
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting