OMAHA AREA

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: k9horseluvr, Duck Runner, gotduck68415

OMAHA AREA

Postby Jackaduck » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:36 pm

I recently left the amazing waterfowl state of South Dakota for a job in LaVista, NE. I am more than concerned about my time in the blind being drastically cut from the move. Are there any waterfowlers in the Omaha Area that could take me in under their wing this fall. I dont know anyone in the area so I dont even know where to start with finding a spot to set up a spread. Any help for this relocated waterfowl would be greatly appreciated, I dont want to go through withdraw fits this fall!
Jackaduck
Newb

Re: OMAHA AREA

Postby mgrote » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:18 pm

do not know of anybody in particular, but go to Guns Unlimited store and ask or just hang around and meet people.
The other option would be look up the Ducks Unlimited chairman and volunteer there to meet more people
mgrote
Newb

Postby k9horseluvr » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:08 pm

Not really sure about the Omaha area but have seen alot of guys talking about Schilling WMA. You could try that out. I will be moving to Dodge this year and have already started searching spots for some fowlin. If you ever want to get together for a hunt just let me know.

K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby cinnamonteal7 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:20 pm

i live in mead nebraska that means im about 1/2 an hour 2 an hour away from you down 92 and if you want pm me and we'll ry and kill some ducks we've killed 500 in my spots in two years lot of mallards teal and wood ducks always looking for another gun
miss him once shame on me, miss him twice on me agian, miss him three times damit! reload and watch where that SOB lands this isnt over.
cinnamonteal7
hunter

Postby Columbus_area » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Jackaduck, I do some hunting around omaha every now and then. Most weekends we travel the state and hit our places out by columbus. However, always could use another gun in the area. Take the advise about going down to guns unlimited, but stay away from Cabela's. I was new to the area last year and tried going there first. Not very many friendlies there looking to help another hunter out. PM me with your info and we could get together this season for sure.
"Cut Um' All Jack"---DC
Columbus_area
Newb

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting