Public Land??????????

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Re: Public Land??????????

Postby Beretta_Is_Betta » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:10 pm

Not to much else to say from the mississippi boys eh?
Beretta_Is_Betta
hunter

Postby publiclandposse » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:43 pm

there are plenty of opportunities to hunt public land in mississippi. especially the delta, if you have a boat check out lake lee, lake ferguson, lake whittington and many of the river islands as well as some of the wma's in the area. delta national forest has some good hunting but scouting is a must.
publiclandposse
Newb

Postby Trip » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:08 pm

Beretta_Is_Betta wrote:Not to much else to say from the mississippi boys eh?

We've got plenty to say, but it looks like most everyone has gotten the point. The only people who give out places to hunt on the internet are guys who have been shown places and not had to work to find their own. The best advice I can give to jackasses showing up from out of town is to bring a jack and a couple of spare tires. It really isn't uncommon to get back to the ramp and realize your valve stems have come up missing.
Trip
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Beretta_Is_Betta wrote:Not to much else to say from the mississippi boys eh?

yea i will say somethin, if your wantin to hunt public land, hunt in your state so you can get out and scout, i know it would be an inconvenience so what the hell, git on here and do some internet scoutin, ill be more than happy to send you to a horrible spot
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby gearout » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:10 pm

hahaha - what they said will do just fine. :clapping:
gearout
hunter

Postby davidees » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:44 am

This just in....starting this season, Mississippi is closed to out of state hunting. Sorry guys, gonna have to stay home I guess. :fingerpt: :hi: :grooving: :tongue:
davidees
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:03 am

really?? I haven't heard that til now. sounds good to me :beer:
duckman27
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:22 am

sounds good to me, that closes this topic lol :hammer: :beer:
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby eagleheaded » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Trip...you are a strait up one sorry sack of ****. What kinda fool threatens to screw with someones vehicle just because they are hunting public land. Hello numbnuts!!! its public land! I know of people just like you down here in Louisiana...the poorest sports around!
Knock 'em dead Fred!
eagleheaded
hunter

Postby Trip » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:22 pm

I might be a sorry sack of sh!t, but I'd bring a couple spares if I were you :hi: :welcome:
Trip
hunter

Postby Red Huck » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Whats the matter boys. Over here in SC most of the WMAs are like public dove fields. There's no decoying birds, its all pass shooting. I still get my birds. Don't know if I could shoot a bird in park?Thinking about coming to Miss and trying it out I'll use a Guide. but if you want to come over here you can stand beside me. I'll give you all the help I can. We need more waterfowlers more habitat more places to hunt. Hey I 'll even teach some of you how to shoot a bird while he's flying.
Red Huck
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Red Huck wrote:Whats the matter boys. Over here in SC most of the WMAs are like public dove fields. There's no decoying birds, its all pass shooting. I still get my birds. Don't know if I could shoot a bird in park?Thinking about coming to Miss and trying it out I'll use a Guide. but if you want to come over here you can stand beside me. I'll give you all the help I can. We need more waterfowlers more habitat more places to hunt. Hey I 'll even teach some of you how to shoot a bird while he's flying.

I have no interest in hunting in SC, im huntin right where i wanna be huntin. How about you come to MS and we'll teach you somethin. :hi:
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby Red Huck » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:09 pm

OK! All I get to shoot In the Upstate are Woodies and resident geese. The mallard don't migrate this far down anymore killed one drake gadwall last year. Can you recommend some good guide services in the delta region or NW Miss. I don't want to know where your honey hole is.
Red Huck
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:15 pm

You don't need a guide to kill mallards. There are places around here that you can kill limits of greenheads almost every hunt. You have to get out and scout. Ain't trying to be a jerk like all these other guys on here but unless you scout hard you aren't gonna find the ducks. There are places around here that are not in the delta and are public land that hold mallards pretty much all through season you just have to find the spots
duckman27
hunter

Postby Red Huck » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Thank you Man! I was looking at the different Guide services advertising from Miss. on the net. When I came upon this thread. Trying to find some place not to far to drive . I work for my self so the best I can do is a few days.so I thought a guided hunt would be good since I know very little about Miss.
Red Huck
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:58 am

check out deltaduckhunts.com
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby Red Huck » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Thank you Sir, I truly appreciate it!
Red Huck
hunter

Postby Trip » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:38 am

Red Huck, sir you have the right idea. The guys that don't know the area well and just show up to hunt are usually the ones who cause the most problems. David Melton at Delta Ducks will put you on some birds.

Happy Hunting, it's almost here!
Trip
hunter

Postby Red Huck » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:05 am

Thank you Trip.I found out that Miss. would except my sons hunter safety certifcations. Now if I can get them to sign on I'll contact dealta ducks and see what we can do.
Red Huck
hunter

Postby jedisme » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:42 pm

Trip wrote:If you feel the need to help the guy out so much, invite him to your woods.

Wow.
jedisme
hunter

Postby duckinkrazy01 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:26 pm

I am willing to take new people hunting anytime. We all started somewhere learning from somebody. Now with that said, I will not take someone I do not know well or who I have not hunted with enough to call a hunting buddy to my best places but I will take them to spots where he can kill birds. Its about the experience. If he is just worried about how many birds he will kill, then he can hunt alone. But if he wants to go, with me making no promises of even seeing a duck and wants to come back to camp sit around and drink a few regardless and do it again the next day, then I am much more willing to invite him along. As time (more like the years) progress and I know I can count on this person to be there and to hunt with me regularly, then the places we hunt together will get better. If it is an experience duck hunter, I would expect the favor to be returned as well. Him taking me with him too. Too many people think everyone is out to get "their" spot when there are plenty of people looking to find new hunting partners and enjoy a hunt regardless of the harvest.
duckinkrazy01
hunter

Postby MARSHTACKI » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Alright Missi Boys, ya'll just wait til a SC boy catches you with your **** skinners on his pickup...You'll see the world from a whole different light, that is, after your sorry ass wakes up on the ground...
MARSHTACKI
hunter

Postby MARSHTACKI » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:14 pm

What a bunch of posers, i bet trip has a du tatoo! They should sue him for false advertisement for being an ethical duck hunter!
MARSHTACKI
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:36 am

MARSHTACKI- I'm not trying to bash the MS guys, but growing up there I realized that about half the guys you will talk to don't know a thing about duck hunting. Out of all the states i've hunted in MS is the worst as far as poor duck hunters go. All you will hear is Greenhead this and Greenhead that and then when you ask for a pic of the proof and you see a woodduck or two on the bed of a truck you realize that alot of them have never killed more than a dozen ducks in their life. There are alot of guys that have been hunting for a year and consider themselves to be the hardcore duck hunter and the only pics they have of decent numbers of birds is when they are at somebody's elses spot or on a pay hunt in the Delta. I've invited people to hunt with us who all you hear from is how they hammered the birds every time they go out and then the typical "Greenhead" comments and then they ask if they can borrow a pair of waders from me and possibly a gun depending on whether or not their buddy will let them use theirs or not and then when we get to the swamp I hand them a duck call and tell them to start calling and they are completely lost and ask which end to blow. It's pretty embarassing. :no:

Saying that there are also some dang good duck hunters in the state that will kill ducks everytime no matter where they are hunting :thumbsup:
duckman27
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:29 pm

MARSHTAKI- CONGRATULATIONS on opening up a thread that is almost 2 years old and no one else cares about anymore!!

:welcome: to DHC! :moon:
CutEmMS
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting