Hot Springs Arkansas

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON

Hot Springs Arkansas

Postby KANSASGOOSEHUNTER » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:08 pm

I am going to be fishing Lake Hamilton and was wondering what type of structure their is and what type of baits should I use sense the water is really clear from what I have heard and usually most of the water here is really murky and dark. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
KANSASGOOSEHUNTER
hunter

Re: Hot Springs Arkansas

Postby Draker11 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:49 pm

When are ya going and what are you targeting? Fished it 2 years ago............there is almost no manmade structure on the lake.....if you are targeting whites, get out early when the lake is calm and look for them busting the top. If you are chasing crappie, you are gonna need to do some running......... find some coves off of the main lake and then use your fishfinder to mark "structure". What the guides did down there was make a bunch of their own structure and drop it in the middle of a cove...... and they marked it with their gps so they are the only ones down there that know where the structure is. You should be able to do well if you can locate them since they are in the deeper water and the crappie should be on their summer pattern.

Good Luck!

Robbie
Draker11
hunter

Return to Fishing