Vortex system

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DUKHTR, fowlhunter, Remman

Vortex system

Postby Woody27 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:30 pm

Anyone tried the vortex before from cabelas?
Woody27
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:40 pm

Yes works excellent for ducks! OMG it is one of the coolest things i've seen for field hunting ducks. They will funnel in like guys at a tit bar. It is worth the money you spend on because you WILL kill ducks.
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:55 am

As Viking said, it does seem to work, but it is a major pain in the back side. It requires a 12 volt battery (and it better be a fresh one that is totally charged) and a post driven into the ground. You attached two iron rods with spinners attached to each end.

I think this falls into the category of how much effort you want to make vs. results.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Woody27 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:22 pm

I have the vortex and like it. I am asking because I am looking for guys that know something about it to try and help me with a problem I'm having. I bought the Tpost that comes with it and drive it in far but the darn thing still gets really moved around because of the motion of the swing poles and the weight. I was using 2 different type of decoys one mojo and one roto and now I bought another mojo to go with it so i'm hoping that it was because the weight was not equal that the t post came out so easy. I have not tried it with the two equal weight deks yet. What kind of deks do you guys use? Have you noticed this problem with the tpost? Thanks for the input
Woody27
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:23 am

We use two air lucky’s or whatever they are called. The ones that have no motors, but spin with the wind. They work fine. It took a little adjusting on the strings to make them hang right and not spin around backward.

I know what you mean about the wobbling. If you use the same spinner on each end, it should help quite a bit with the balance. If the t-post is driven in good and straight, and you use identical spinners on each end, you should have very little wobble.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Woody27 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:55 pm

Thanks!! I'll find out Saturday for opening morning
Woody27
hunter

Postby Woody27 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:07 pm

The tPost and teh equal weight deks were the trick worked amazing!!! Thanks for all the help guys
Woody27
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum