The girl's gator

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

The girl's gator

Postby QH's Paw » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:59 pm

Thought since my daughter is 18 thisstory probably belongs here. Hope you ladies enjoy the story.
As time goes by, it seems that I get less days with my kids on the water so, when my daughter said "Dad I have Friday off, want to go fishing?" It didn't take much for a yes.
I've been down after the gators a few trips in the past couple weeks so I already knew the season was running a little behind or maybe just slow. It didn't matter really because today was about father daughter time.
As I expected, it was still slow down there, we decided to give it to 1:00. As is often the case, we ran a little over so, at about 1:15 my daughter says "well, it's past 1:00 dad?" So with that we all get up and head to the poles. Before we get to the poles I look and my daughter's pole is getting a bite. So one good hook set and the fight is on.
She's fighting the fish about 5 min.

Then she says she's getting hot, will I hold the pole for a second. Then the battle continues after she sheds a layer.

Another 10 minute, "hey dad can you hold this again for a second?" Another layer shed and the battle continues.
By now I think Kodi(my Lab) realizes this is gonna take awhile.
The battle continues.....

Another 15 minutes and some coaching from good ol' dad.

"OK girl quit showboatin' takem to the mat."
" OK dad."

Well, we stayed a couple more hours with no results.
Didn't matter, she got her fish and all I had to do was pull the hook.
Best day this season.....for dad. :biggrin:
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Re: The girl's gator

Postby Outdoor Gal » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:40 am

That's awesome! What kind of fish is that? I enjoy fishing too, but know nothing about saltwater fish.

I have great memories of deer hunting with my dad. He's said now that the only reason he goes out on deer season opening day is because of me. Otherwise, it's way too early to get up. lol. Dad has really gotten into cowboy action shooting the last few years and rarely hunts now. I really enjoy going to the occassional shoot with him. I really need to make it to one more cowboy shoot with him, before I get too far along in my pregnancy and can't fit a gunbelt and holster around my belly. :lol3:

Keep making memories!
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby QH's Paw » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:44 am

It's a white sturgeon.
Where we are in the pictures is actually the river. It's at the estuary so it is mostly salt water at that point..
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby 1187 DROPS EM » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:25 am

great story
1187 DROPS EM
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum