Remington 105 CTI II Review (Long Term)

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Remington 105 CTI II Review vs. SBE II (Long Term)

Postby Augusta » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:
Augusta wrote:Well, I did again, just purchased my 4th (sold one, so will have three in the gun cabinet) CTI II. Do you suppose I have an addiction problem with these guns? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: Got one sweet deal on it.......

It has been rumoured that a wing is being added at the Betty Ford clinic for this malady! :yes:

Now you did it, the news is out, it's being built just for me...... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Augusta
hunter

Postby Augusta » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Just had to bring this post back to the top. The new CTI II is working just fine, have run approximately 150 trap loads :beer: through it and it has worked just fine. Same with my other two CTI II's, all are working just fine, cannot wait for pheasant hunting again. :beer: :beer:
Augusta
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Just had the shiny blued barrel Cerakoted to the satin black finish.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby norcalhunter13 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Been busy.

But just the other day, I got my 105 cti 2 back from repairs. They REPLACED it, with a new one. I did not get a versamax replacement! :grooving:

By the way online, there is a 105 cti in great shape with a 28 in barrel going for $499!!!!

However, I would be a little bit hesitant not to get the updated 2 version.
"Quit?
Just When It's
Getting Good?"

Proud Member of CWA
Proud Member of Ducks Unlimited
Proud Member of Delta Waterfowl
norcalhunter13
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:57 pm

At our newly opened Cabelas store, I found at least 10 105 CTI's in the Gun Library...not sure if they were I or II, but I thought it was somewhat odd. :huh:
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby Augusta » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:54 am

njonesy_07 wrote:At our newly opened Cabelas store, I found at least 10 105 CTI's in the Gun Library...not sure if they were I or II, but I thought it was somewhat odd. :huh:

I was told that Cabelas purchased the remaing CTI I & II inventory from Remington. Some of these guns are new, others are demo's, and some are Remington rep guns.
Augusta
hunter

Postby norcalhunter13 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Correction to my last post. I was told over the phone I was getting a new 105cti 2. But they lady must have been confused...because I ended up receiving a Versamax in MODB with a 28 in barrel. :thumbsup:

Not sure if I should keep it, just sell it..or try it out then sell it if I don't like it..... (maybe just keep it as a back up..)
"Quit?
Just When It's
Getting Good?"

Proud Member of CWA
norcalhunter13
hunter

Postby Bullcan1526 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Just got the chance to shoot the new a400 xtreme from beretta!
Best waterfowl gun ever, promise. I also found this video.
http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?desktop_ ... nity&gl=US
Bullcan1526
Newb

Postby Yuchi1 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:25 pm

FYI, this dealer (see below) has six (6) 105 CTi II Rep Guns just put out on the floor @$649.95USD.

http://www.sportsworldtulsa.com/

They will ship to a FFL.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Augusta wrote:
njonesy_07 wrote:At our newly opened Cabelas store, I found at least 10 105 CTI's in the Gun Library...not sure if they were I or II, but I thought it was somewhat odd. :huh:

I was told that Cabelas purchased the remaing CTI I & II inventory from Remington. Some of these guns are new, others are demo's, and some are Remington rep guns.

Reckon they'll have room in your new Bettye Ford Clinic wing for the Cabela's purchasing agents as well? :fingerhead:
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby Augusta » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:05 pm

norcalhunter13 wrote:Correction to my last post. I was told over the phone I was getting a new 105cti 2. But they lady must have been confused...because I ended up receiving a Versamax in MODB with a 28 in barrel. :thumbsup:

Not sure if I should keep it, just sell it..or try it out then sell it if I don't like it..... (maybe just keep it as a back up..)

So Norcal, how do you like the Versa Max? By the way, I was in your part of the country last weekend visiting my wifes relatives.
Augusta
hunter

Postby norcalhunter13 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:01 am

Good to hear, that you were in my neck of the woods. Gotta love Cali! :thumbsup:

I forgot to provide an update, but I ended up selling the Versamax. I never fired it, and I got a good trade in deal from my local gun shop, and I am getting a new Remington Wingmaster 870 12 gauge with a 28" brrl. I have held the Versamax before, and the weight, while I know it does help with recoil, was something I was not particularly found of, (just did not feel as nimble in my hands) in addition I did not like the feel of forearm in my hand, and the feel of the recoil pad. Also having a shotgun with 3 1/2 inch chamber was not only a temptation I did not need but I did not want a potential in reducing pattern performance. In other words, I don't think it is a terrible gun, the fit and finish look nice on it, but it was just something I did not need, so I traded it, while it was still in peak condition. I will let you know how I like my 12 Gauge Remington Wingmaster 870 pump, when I get it. I have heard that quality has gone down a bit on there 870 Wingmaster shotgun's, but we will see.
"Quit?
Just When It's
Getting Good?"

Proud Member of CWA
norcalhunter13
hunter

Postby norcalhunter13 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:11 am

Also just wanted to post, that I have had no problems with my shotgun. I took it out a while back for 100 rounds of sporting clays, and it did very well. I did not shoot very well, but at least the shotgun held up its end of the bargain and performed flawlessly. :thumbsup:

base7ballrj - that 600 round torture test is pretty impressive. I did not get a chance to torture test my 105 cti 2, but when I do, I will see if I can come close to your numbers.

I only have the 1 105 cti 2 in my gun case, so I don't want to get it camo dipped. It looks to pretty, but the Mossy Oak Vinyl Camo Wrap, might be a cheap solution for duck season for protecting the shotgun and hiding it.

Yuchiu1- "Just had the shiny blued barrel Cerakoted to the satin black finish." DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES?! I would like to see how this looks..
"Quit?
Just When It's
Getting Good?"

Proud Member of CWA
norcalhunter13
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Been shooting the he!! out of my CTI with no problems what so ever the last few weeks. Hope others are having similar results. After all the struggles this gun is truely a keeper for me. Not near as rugged as some but definately better looking then most. Its a semiauto that rivals the O/U in handling with less recoil which was what I was looking for.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby jpoteete7 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Howdy guys,

I dont know why i waited so long to join this, but i bought a used 105 CTi in 09 for $700. I had no idea what it was when i first saw it and then started reading about it. It was a great price and seemed to be a sweet gun. So i got it. Right off the back i was having terrible problems with it and about lost it a couple times while out hunting. Haha. So i starting looking for reviews and came across ya'lls forum. I can't tell you how much it helped back in 09. So i sent the gun into Remington, they replaced everything with brand new parts except for the barrel and stock, and i didn't pay a cent. Since then i have fallen in love with the gun. The only problems i've had is ejecting 3in. shells in very cold weather. But after a thorough cleaning it was shooting perfect again. Also i am kinda bothered by the loose stock. i know that most semi-autos have this issue but it still concerns me. Any ideas on how to get it tighter?

I have put this gun through hell and back. I've hunted -19* to 110* and it works flawlessly. This past weekend i was in south texas hunting dove and teal. I put nearly three cases (almost 30 boxes) through it in the 105* heat and it didn't miss a beat. I am very impressed that ya'll have kept this forum goin for over two years. Keep it goin boys.

One more thing. Is there, to your knowledge, anywhere besides Remington retail that i can purchase a 28'' barrel? i have a 26'' and love it for dove and quail, but ducks are my passion and the 26'' isn't always sufficient. Im a broke college kid on a tight budget and dont think i can swing the $300+ just for a barrel. Any help would be awesome. Hope ya'll are enjoying this amazing gun as much as i am!
jpoteete7
Newb

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 pm

norcalhunter13 wrote:Also just wanted to post, that I have had no problems with my shotgun. I took it out a while back for 100 rounds of sporting clays, and it did very well. I did not shoot very well, but at least the shotgun held up its end of the bargain and performed flawlessly. :thumbsup:

base7ballrj - that 600 round torture test is pretty impressive. I did not get a chance to torture test my 105 cti 2, but when I do, I will see if I can come close to your numbers.

I only have the 1 105 cti 2 in my gun case, so I don't want to get it camo dipped. It looks to pretty, but the Mossy Oak Vinyl Camo Wrap, might be a cheap solution for duck season for protecting the shotgun and hiding it.

Yuchiu1- "Just had the shiny blued barrel Cerakoted to the satin black finish." DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES?! I would like to see how this looks..

No pics...yet...but will try in the coming weeks to get some taken.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 pm

jpoteete7 wrote:Howdy guys,

I dont know why i waited so long to join this, but i bought a used 105 CTi in 09 for $700. I had no idea what it was when i first saw it and then started reading about it. It was a great price and seemed to be a sweet gun. So i got it. Right off the back i was having terrible problems with it and about lost it a couple times while out hunting. Haha. So i starting looking for reviews and came across ya'lls forum. I can't tell you how much it helped back in 09. So i sent the gun into Remington, they replaced everything with brand new parts except for the barrel and stock, and i didn't pay a cent. Since then i have fallen in love with the gun. The only problems i've had is ejecting 3in. shells in very cold weather. But after a thorough cleaning it was shooting perfect again. Also i am kinda bothered by the loose stock. i know that most semi-autos have this issue but it still concerns me. Any ideas on how to get it tighter?

I have put this gun through hell and back. I've hunted -19* to 110* and it works flawlessly. This past weekend i was in south texas hunting dove and teal. I put nearly three cases (almost 30 boxes) through it in the 105* heat and it didn't miss a beat. I am very impressed that ya'll have kept this forum goin for over two years. Keep it goin boys.

One more thing. Is there, to your knowledge, anywhere besides Remington retail that i can purchase a 28'' barrel? i have a 26'' and love it for dove and quail, but ducks are my passion and the 26'' isn't always sufficient. Im a broke college kid on a tight budget and dont think i can swing the $300+ just for a barrel. Any help would be awesome. Hope ya'll are enjoying this amazing gun as much as i am!

Extended choke tube will solve your problem. :thumbsup:
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Augusta » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:43 pm

I have three of these beauties in my gun case....might sneek in a fourth in when my wife leaves for a week.... by the way, all are working just fine.....
Stock loose? Take off the butt pad, (#2 Philips) you will see a nut, tighten it, but don't over do it, you can strip the threads... :beer:
Last edited by Augusta on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Augusta
hunter

Postby wapsijim » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:39 pm

I have been checking this forum for a while too. I bought my CTI II just a month ago. Yes I read all the posts and reviews out there, but the gun feels so right and easy to shoot. I haven't put that many shells through it yet as our seasons are just getting underway in Iowa. Geese, then duck then pheasants.

Great post, keep it going!!
:thumbsup:
wapsijim
Newb

Postby ohio mike » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Was just at Cabelas last night. They still want 1295.00 for the CTI II and are keeping them in the gun room. I understand they bought all remaining stock from Remington. I still see them online for 800.00 and up. I'm guessing Cabelas sees a future in the sales as the supply dries up. As I've said before the CTI can't handle the heavy loads of a B gun but in its own realm it doesn't have a equal as far as handling and looks. Being more like a O/U then a semi or pump. I look for it to become a collectible like the old two shot Browning with the Alloy receiver and Spun glass barrel. Just way to far ahead of its time. The CTI is marginal as a waterfowl gun but a excellent upland or all around gun. If Remington hadn't released it before the bugs were fixed they would still be selling them and with the Versamax would have a big share of the semiauto market. Wouldn't surprize me if they didn't release in 2 3/4 " as a sporting clays/skeet gun or even trap in a few years.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby jack31850 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:00 am

I talked to Cabelas about trading my 105 cti II in for a Versamax and was told I could expect no more than $600.00. I bought mine new from Cabelas w/o taxes for $1199 in June of 2010. With taxes it was 1298.87. I said no deal.
jack31850
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:17 am

jack31850 wrote:I talked to Cabelas about trading my 105 cti II in for a Versamax and was told I could expect no more than $600.00. I bought mine new from Cabelas w/o taxes for $1199 in June of 2010. With taxes it was 1298.87. I said no deal.

I can guarntee you they would put it on the rack for at least $1000.00. Friend of mine took a 28ga browning grade 5 to them the offer was 1400. He too said no.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Augusta » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:24 am

Well boys, I did it again, my fourth CTI II is on its way and headed for my gun cabinet. Another super deal! Right after it arrives, I am going back to the Betty Ford clinic for more treatment... :biggrin: :biggrin:
Augusta
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Augusta wrote:Well boys, I did it again, my fourth CTI II is on its way and headed for my gun cabinet. Another super deal! Right after it arrives, I am going back to the Betty Ford clinic for more treatment... :biggrin: :biggrin:

I really like mine but four! :eek: Congrats and enjoy. By the way mines headed to the blind Sat. Warmed it up on a few doves this week.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby wapsijim » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Do any of you CTi 105 owners know if the safety can be switched for a lefty? My son shoots southpaw
and it would be a good gun for him if this is the case (but I'll always want to shoot right handed).

thx
:^{)
wapsijim
Newb

PreviousNext

Return to Shotgun Forum