Who's seen Duck Commanders?

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, La. Hunter, Preacher1011

Who's seen Duck Commanders?

Postby RiverRat707 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:38 pm

i've watched the first 3 episodes and i gotta say, what a great hunting show. first of all, how great is it that these poor backwoods lewsiana boys were able to market their own duck calls, appearal and gear and get their own tv show? and how great is it that they acknowledge God for their good fortune. If you pay attention, the duck commander himself never fails to mention God in his show. its refreshing. not to mention these guys are down home country boys and funny. its almost like a blue collar hunting show with just alittle Christian flavor. they dont over do it though, so as not to scare away any non christians. i hope it stays on for at least a few seasons.
John 15:13
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
RiverRat707
hunter

Re: Who's seen Duck Commanders?

Postby Buckwheat » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:24 pm

I love'em... Yes their faith is definitely a huge added benefit to their show (at least for me). Great hunting, great shooting, good values, and good times really sum up that show. Phils oldest son (i believe don't quote me) is a preacher. You don't get to see him hunting with them but I heard them make mention of him one time.
The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck.
-Walter Cronkite

To the deer hunter, there are only 3 that truely matter: The first one, the biggest one, and the next one.
-B
Buckwheat
hunter

Postby RiverRat707 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:11 pm

Buckwheat...you're right phil's oldest son is the minister at their church. In the 3rd episdoe there's a great little side story about how without his oldest son's help he wouldn't have been able to get his Duck Commander company off the ground.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
RiverRat707
hunter

Postby Buckwheat » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:10 pm

Was that the third episode of this year? I missed it but my dad told me about it.
The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck.
-Walter Cronkite

To the deer hunter, there are only 3 that truely matter: The first one, the biggest one, and the next one.
-B
Buckwheat
hunter

Postby RiverRat707 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:55 pm

yea i think it was
RiverRat707
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:25 am

Never seen them on TV or bought a DVD from them. I guess I have to go get one now. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby RiverRat707 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:43 pm

Preacher1011...these guys are what cool is about. good'ole southern boys who live for God and live to hunt. i actually aint seen any of their videos but ive read quite a bit bout them online and from their website.
RiverRat707
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 pm

I'll give them a go then.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Yeller Dawg » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:30 pm

I enjoy the show as well. I've not seen their hunting videos, but enjoy the show immensely. At first I expected the entire show to be dedicated to the hunting, so I was a little put off. But I have really enjoyed getting to know the members of the DC team/family and watch their personal interactions.
Yeller Dawg
hunter

Postby auto-5 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Phil went to school at La. Tech and was starting Quarterback ahead of Terry Bradshaw. In his first video he talks to Warren Cocco and says Terry went for the bucks and i went for the ducks. We had a wild game cook off at my church and he was the guest speaker. Done a great job.
auto-5
hunter

Postby RiverRat707 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:04 pm

phil robertson's a class act. duck commanders is my 8 yr old son's favorite new show. he'd rather watch it now than them daggum cartoons. i cant think of a better show id rather him watch. we'll tivo it and he wont watch it til he can sit down and watch it with me. i'd love to hear phil speak. dont think he makes it out to the west coast too often, if ever, though
RiverRat707
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Hmmmm I wonder what it would take to get him to come talk to the student chapter of the Wildlife Society here at UT... :huh: Auto-5 what all went into getting him to your church? I'd like to look into getting him up here maybe.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby auto-5 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:59 am

Preacher, he lives only an hour and a half from the town i live in. He spoke about ten years ago. You can probabley get on his website and get some information that you need.
auto-5
hunter

Postby kysupernova » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Phil Robertson and his boy's are great guy's have seen them many time's in west KY at events. I recomend you take a little drive any time they are in your area to see them. This coming week duck season is over and they show you what goes on between the end and the beginning. Plus Duck Commander Sunday where everyone dresses up in camo to attend church. :clapping:
kysupernova
hunter

Postby hogfan88 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Did anybody see the show Meet the robertsons. Talk about a great man!!!
hogfan88
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:14 pm

I think Phil is an ordained Baptist Preacher too...not sure, bt that is what I've heard.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:49 pm

got to see him in january love his videos and show its good stuff.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Iv'e talked to his daughter in law ,and watched a dvd where he carrys a BIBLE to the duck blind ,matter of fact I mentioned him in my Sunday School class today ,like to meet him and go huntin' with him
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby 870 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:41 pm

I was speaking to a rep from Mojo decoys and he knows Phil and attends his church. His son is a minister, but if not mistaken it’s a Church of Christ church.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby alanwebfoot » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:51 pm

preacher 1011 you can email them or just call chances are you'll talk to a daughter in law like me Phil's booked ahead and Willy will come too they even put on a Cajun feast plus the testimonies and preaching cost not sure something about travel cost plus??? worth it for getting unsaved duck hunters to show up
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby txgrunt03 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:41 am

Does anyone know if they have their tv shows on dvd? or where one could watch season 1 and 2 of their show. I know they sell their dvd's on their website but not the actual tv show. Thanks
txgrunt03
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:36 am

txgrunt03 wrote:Does anyone know if they have their tv shows on dvd? or where one could watch season 1 and 2 of their show. I know they sell their dvd's on their website but not the actual tv show. Thanks

I don't know.

I haven't got to watch their show (own the movies).

They need to sell the series.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:45 am

Dingbatter 2 wrote:I think Phil is an ordained Baptist Preacher too...not sure, bt that is what I've heard.

yes, he is a preacher. Phil preachin at a "Beast Feast" :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:34 pm

The latest season that I've seen was kind of lame. Has them playing basketball and a lot of other goofy stuff. I like the way they keep re-naming their dog Jesse James so he lives forever. :yes:
I guess that Binelli kind of took over the show that season or something weird. I'm looking forward to something new. Watched the same ones over and over even though it's lame due to the fact they had too much water in 2009/10 duck season. The 2010/11 season is going to be all about lack of water I'm afraid.

I'm a Phil Robertson fan and my wife is too. She thinks my mom must have slept with him because Phil and I are so much alike in the way we do things. :yes:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby loopmtz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:44 am

Best show on tv. Good family, good values and they always thank God. The last episode they even prayed in Jesus's name. Gotta love that!
Pato Loco
loopmtz
hunter

Next

Return to Faith-Spirituality