KY Lake Public hunting

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

KY Lake Public hunting

Postby strenfro » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Hey all. I'm new here and somewhat new to waterfowl hunting. I've done a lot of fishing around the Paris landing/Big Sandy area and have noticed a lot of ducks and geese in the area. I was wondering if the lake was available for public hunting. I'm from KY and the lakes in the area are all public hunting, but there are few birds in my area. I was hoping that anyone could hunt this lake or if there are any restrictions. Please fill me in. Thanks!
strenfro
hunter

Re: KY Lake Public hunting

Postby jbhtn » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Some of the areas are open to hunting off the bank, out of a boat or private blinds. Most of the area is blinds that you have to draw for. Im sure TWRA has maps of the blind sites for each area Big Sandy, Camden Bottoms, etc... I would probably check there.
jbhtn
hunter

Postby strenfro » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:52 pm

So, is anything outside the wma areas ok to hunt? I have not been able to find any good maps about where I can and cannot hunt and the people from twra weren't much help.
strenfro
hunter

Postby mattsturdivant » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:03 pm

TVA owns up to the 375 mark from the Paris Landing Bride down to the refuge; so yes you can hunt it...However, any hole that can kill ducks in that area already has a private blind in it. You are about 10 years late in that area.
mattsturdivant
hunter

Postby Bio » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:52 am

Most of the area is refuge in the area south of the pl bridge down to about Granny's Branch on the Tennessee side and all the way down past West Sandy up the Big Sandy River. If you are from Ky, you need to look into the islands at Shannon/Patterson.
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
Bio
hunter

Postby tnduck10 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:10 pm

sorry, ive never been on a forum before, if i could jump in and ask another question. im from east tn, and pretty new to duck hunting. i was thinking of coming out to ky lake and trying it. i've never seen the lake before. are there places on the camden, big sandy, or west sandy wma where you could just show up and start hunting without a boat and expect any amount of success?
tnduck10
Newb

Postby Booney3721 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:26 pm

I know one thing though, I hunt KY side (Since I am from here) and during our first split (thanksgiving morning till the following Sunday) it sounded like you guys were HAMMERING them down below the state line on Barkley. Best of luck guys :thumbsup:
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:09 am

tnduck10 wrote:sorry, ive never been on a forum before, if i could jump in and ask another question. im from east tn, and pretty new to duck hunting. i was thinking of coming out to ky lake and trying it. i've never seen the lake before. are there places on the camden, big sandy, or west sandy wma where you could just show up and start hunting without a boat and expect any amount of success?

If the area follows the rest of the state regs, you should be able to hunt any blind there as long as the other hunters aren't there by legal shooting light. If it's like around here, if you go during the week you can blind hop all you want and be golden. I could be mistaken though.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tnduck10 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:32 am

k thanks.
tnduck10
Newb

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting