Honestly....How good is Anderson Sylvia?

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Honestly....How good is Anderson Sylvia?

Postby DeathDlr7VI » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:41 pm

And he does it again! The man makes good fighter just look bad. One day, he'll get cutt and everyone will see metal underneath. I've got him above GSP and just under Fedor in my P4P rankings. Chuck Norris wears AS underwears.
DeathDlr7VI
hunter

Re: Honestly....How good is Anderson Sylvia?

Postby gadwall getter » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:21 pm

i really think there was something fishy about that silva/griffin fight. ive seen griffin take 5 times the beating that he did in that fight and he stayed standing. i really think all anderson silva has is fast hands. plus, he's 34 and the word is he's likely to only fight about 3 more times before he retires. somebody will tear him up eventually. on a side not, mark my words on this one. Thiago Alves will be the future of the UFC. he's only 25 and if he could have had better takedown defense against GSP he would have won!
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby DeathDlr7VI » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:02 am

I have to disagree bro. I don't think the fight was fishy at all. I think Forest was beaten mentally. For every shot Forest landed, Anderson answered back with 5 or 8 and they mostly connected clean. I agree that Forrest is a tough dude. But when your considered one of the toughest dudes in the UFC and you get man handled to the point that you look bad, that would seriously beat a guy mentally.

The last shot that took out Forrest was a hard shot. It may not have looked like it and it wouldn't have been if both fighters were simply standing, but Forrest was moving forward and in the air. So I could easily see someone getting knock down by a shot like that anyday of the week.

AS's ground game is sick. Very few have been able to take it to that stage. But it has been challenged before, by one of the best takedown artist in the business........Dan the Man Henderson but we all know how well that played out for him.

Thiago is a good fighter! But the face of the UFC.......questionable at best! He was schooled by GSP even while standing.
DeathDlr7VI
hunter

Postby andymac32 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Thiago is alrite but he just got embarassed gy gsp. So the future of ufc??? Dot think so. And I cant say i saw the forrest vs anderson fight coming but lets be honest. Forest isnt really that great of a fighter, hes extremely tough and an awesome brawler and usually puts on a great show win or lose. But he doesnt have the skills to hang with anderson and he proved that by getting embarassed. Anyways lets see gsp vs silva. I like gsp but who knows?
andymac32
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:12 pm

I didn't think it was fishy either. I think Forrest was humiliated. Silva is too quick for anyone, including GSP. I really like GSP and I don't care anything about watching Silva pummel him. I hope White doesn't force GSP into that fight. I'd rather just watch Silva take the light heavyweight title then retire. I do believe Silva can be beat...but it'll take one heck of a lot of luck.
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby DukkHunter » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:44 pm

i would love to see a GSP/AS fight.... !
work sucks.... lets hunt!
DukkHunter
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:00 pm

I think Anderson is best p4p in the world. Who has Fedor fought latley to warrant him as number 1? GSP is number 2, Fedor 3.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Return to Sports