Terms of Usage and Conditions of Service
All forums are post moderated; however, this dialogue is a cooperative endeavor. To maintain an environment conducive to this, please follow and agree to the following few basic guidelines and requests before using this system:
By using this messaging system, you agree to abide by the following simple common sense rules:
- You certify that you are 13 years of age or over. All those individuals under 13 years of age will need a full release form from their parents before posting any messages. This is in compliance with the Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act of 2000 (COPPA).
- Nicknames and login names that we feel are inflammatory, vulgar, promotional, or rude will be removed.
- Businesses may not use the forum in any way to sell their products or services. Advertising inquiries may be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All groups are moderated for foul language and commercialized promotional posts. And repeated violations are grounds to be banned from the site.
- Please keep your language clean and decent. This include personal inflammatory language as well as obscenities. And the profanity definition includes acronyms and abbreviations of profanity.
- Always be respectful of other users, the system, and the moderators. We put the system online in good faith, please use it in good faith.
- Be descriptive, specific, and succinct in your postings. This way your opinion and point is clearly understood and referenced.
- Because your posting may be more pertinent to another on going discussion, or it might spawn its own thread, it may be moved as www.duckhuntingchat.com sees fit.
- Links to adult content, pages with links to adult content or messages describing anything against the law will be removed as soon as possible. Any discussion of those are off topic.
- Any newsletters, web pages, or copyrighted content inserted into www.duckhuntingchat.com posts can be removed at any time for no reason. Minor fair use excerpts of about one paragraph (4 sentences) may be used if the content is publicly available on the Internet. All other forms of inserted content from press releases, newsletters, web pages, or any other copyrighted content placed into messages may be removed. A link to the content is acceptable and appropriate.
- Periodically the Moderators of www.duckhuntingchat.com will post his or her comments, but they may not necessarily reflect the opinions of Duck Hunting Chat, or its employees.
- This forum system is not a venue for personal or private vendetta's. Keep your personal business as just that - personal. This forum is not a venue for the resolution of personal disputes with members or companies. There are "gray areas" and at times can be held under strict guidelines.
- Please don't drop promotional urls (we do not allow sig file urls). Signing your name is fine, however commercialized posts or resume signatures will be edited. We tend to err on the side of caution to protect the integrity of the system by reducing flippant commercialized posts. Affiliate based URLs are not allowed anywhere on the system.
- Private Mail is just that “private” and is not to be posted publicly by members, but Private Mail may be discussed with moderators or administrators related to board policy or actions may be shared with administrators if we feel it is necessary.
- Please stay within the topic area of the forum you are posting a message in, and within any topic that another poster may have started.
- You agree not to hold www.duckhuntingchat.com or its members liable for anything stated within the forums.
- Signing up a user name that is a obvious domain name or product name can be removed. This is out of unfair promotion considerations as well as trademark implications.
- Duck Hunting Chat does not allow the duplication of a company name or business name as a username. This allows protection from unnecessary Spam in the forums or the risk of any trademark implications. We do have the right to make changes or seek changes if necessary.
- Since this is interactive, and everyone who participates in www.duckhuntingchat.com is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. One way to guard against misunderstandings is to read over your response before you post it.
- Flaming: flaming or personal attacks are not tolerated. Should anyone use inappropriate language, start a personal attack, or engage in hate speech, they can be barred from all further discussions. Easily said, challenge an opinion but don't attack the person.
- The forums are not a venue for advertisements in any way. It will be the sole discretion of www.duckhuntingchat.com and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.
- You are responsible for your own posts and agree not to hold Duck Hunting Chat or www.duckhuntingchat.com liable for any messages posted.
- Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members and moderators or policy involved.
- Self promotional URL drops and whisper campaigns are strictly forbidden within the forums and will be edited out.
- Messages posted at this site are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster.
- Personal exposure. Again, don't use the forum to advertise.
- When a message is placed in any forum system, you are granting a soft license to the site to use it.
- Duck Hunting Chat and the Administrator of www.duckhuntingchat.com reserves the right to modify these terms at any time, without prior notice.
- Duck Hunting Chat and www.duckhuntingchat.com owners reserve the right to deny use of this site to anyone we feel necessary.
- Your CANNOT use the email links or PMs to spam our users of your products or services. Any instance will result in an immediate ban, no questions asked.
- "Regular members using a commercial or business name and sponsors may not bad mouth or talk down a competitors product or service."