DC Woodie Call Won’t Reassemble

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake, Token

DC Woodie Call Won’t Reassemble

Postby AppalachianHollers » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 am

Bought this call from Cabela’s online, in-store pickup. Out of the box there seemed to be a gap between the insert seemed and barrel. When I couldn’t get the “3rd level” to work with back pressure, I assumed the call needed to be reassembled. So I pulled up DC’s own YouTube video on how to disassemble and reassemble the Woodie call.
Only problem is, no matter which way I put the wedge atop the reed, the insert won’t go back into the barrel and stay. I wonder if a small bump in the plastic of the insert is to blame (bottom of the pic, near the shadow, you can see it). I know this call isn’t designed to fit back together with a rubber mallet. Feel like I might have gotten a lemon.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AppalachianHollers
hunter

Re: DC Woodie Call Won’t Reassemble

Postby AppalachianHollers » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:32 am

AppalachianHollers wrote:Bought this call from Cabela’s online, in-store pickup. Out of the box there seemed to be a gap between the insert seemed and barrel. When I couldn’t get the “3rd level” to work with back pressure, I assumed the call needed to be reassembled. So I pulled up DC’s own YouTube video on how to disassemble and reassemble the Woodie call.
Only problem is, no matter which way I put the wedge atop the reed, the insert won’t go back into the barrel and stay. I wonder if a small bump in the plastic of the insert is to blame (bottom of the pic, near the shadow, you can see it). I know this call isn’t designed to fit back together with a rubber mallet. Feel like I might have gotten a lemon.Image

Dang it, I realized I should have posted this in the calls forum. Can a mod move it?

AppalachianHollers
hunter

Postby jsh909 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:39 am

I can't help with reassembly, but the bump is to create a little gap and help the Reed from sticking
jsh909
hunter

Postby callinfowl » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:49 am

Hold it in your hand like you're drinking from a beer mug with tone board on the bottom and give it a few good raps on a block of wood it will come free I have to do it all the time to my goose calls. :yes: :yes: :yes:
Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting