Duck Hunting Forum banner

My first hand cut / custom call

943 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AvianAddict 
#1 ·
I'm learning but the off the shelf calls I had really didn't have enough range (were not full range) to do all the calls.

I picked up a DLC con artist and WOW... man want a difference from the off the shelf stuff.... I mean WOW.

I did give Bobby from DLC and told him where I was at, can't say enough about him spending the time with me to go through everything I was concerned about - Great guy, really excellent customer service.

Look out Ducks !!

#2 ·
I don't doubt he makes a fine call, and there's an element of exclusivity when buying from a one man shop that still hand turns them, but if you weren't getting whatever "full range" means to you out of a CNCed call, you simply ran the wrong ones.

#3 ·
Frankly it's more than just the call - which is excellent compared to what I ones I was using.
I could spend (was) a heck of a lot of time and money trying to figure out what I need to know about calls.

So, Instead of poking around with one liner type answers (mostly what you see on the net) I called a pro, and got a call that performs ALOT better... and learned more in 15 minutes than I had in 1.5 years of screwing with the internet.

So... $100 worth of off the shelf calls, and 1.5 years or screwing around...
OR $120 and no screwing around... and no wasting time, and a much better calling result.

For a Beginner who wants to get up to speed fast
20 bucks extra cost wise to get expert grade Advice you probably won't get any other way -is a hell of a deal.

one of the things that I realized immediately - call makers have some idea of how my needs will vary from a single person who knows what works for them. So when you ask a guy on the Internet... many don't know the what I need to check or very to find what works for me.

It kind of bothers me that the call instruction CD's didn't talk about that... all they tend to say is "a properly made call"... wth.

Anyway... I wish I had done it to begin with, now that I have a much better understanding of what I'm doing, the equation might change but at least I'm up and running vs. hitting the wall every time I make a decent advance in learning how to run a call.

#4 ·
Glad Bobby got you squared away, but I also know guys who've bothered to call Haydel's shop (which has mass produced a bazillion or so inexpensive calls), and Kelly or Ron have set them on the route to happiness. It's a pretty neat industry that way.

#5 ·
I'm a big fan of Ducklander calls, I run a sinner and con artist hand cut. Both are great calls and customer service was excellent. One thing I've found is most companies in this industry are always willing to help and make things right if needed. I'd like to try an RNT or RM for my next call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.