Old hunter, but new to calling. Recommend loud call?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

Old hunter, but new to calling. Recommend loud call?

Postby plarsen111 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:07 am

I have been hunting for years, but only recently started calling. I used to just let all the others do the calling, but found myself doing a lot of solo hunts this year and broke out the call.

According to the ducks, I'm much better than I've ever given myself credit for :)

My favorite call I own is the RNT Original. It is working great. But I want to go louder.

Can you recommend a loud single reed call? I'm leaning toward the Daisy Cutter. Is that RNT's loudest call?

Thanks for helping a novice out.
plarsen111
hunter

Re: Old hunter, but new to calling. Recommend loud call?

Postby Bluesky2012 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:09 pm

I have an original and don’t find the daisy cutter to be that much louder. The MVP is a little louder but all pale in comparison to the volume a Mondo can put out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluesky2012
hunter

Re: Old hunter, but new to calling. Recommend loud call?

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:20 pm

Bluesky2012 wrote:I have an original and don’t find the daisy cutter to be that much louder. The MVP is a little louder but all pale in comparison to the volume a Mondo can put out.

While the Mondo is louder to my ear, the three year trial I gave one didn't prove it as effective at distance as the MVP, and it wasn't as though I didn't want it to be. (By contrast, a Stanley Deceiver proved its worth, in that regard, early in its first season.)

Daisy Cutters, both early half-scroll and recent, haven't been in the same game.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum