Beretta Xtreme Synthetic Stock Repair

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Beretta Xtreme Synthetic Stock Repair

Postby slidinstar » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:39 am

Need a little help...I've tried searching for best option for gluing the stock on my Xtreme without any consistent opinion. I broke off the eyelet for the strap on the rear portion of the stock. Beretta doesn't answer their phone...hoping someone on here can give me the best option for resecuring the piece. Unfortunately, the Max 4 pattern replacement is not available.

Thanks in advance for any help!
slidinstar
hunter

Re: Beretta Xtreme Synthetic Stock Repair

Postby C M Wings » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:48 pm

So yours was integral to the stock? Mine is a threaded stud. Assuming yours is integral you need to drill a hole and add a regular stud. If the stock is hollow and there’s nothing into which to drill, you need to add a bushing or some kind of filler to allow you to drill a pilot hole for the stud. You might need to do this from the inside by removing the recoil pad. Not sure if bondo would work but it might. Look for one that comes with a bushing and then epoxy that in with plenty of epoxy around the bushing on the inside of the stock. Gluing your stock isn’t a good option but you can try some quality epoxy. Just don’t get hung up on how it looks. You’re gonna need to clean off any camo dip and scuff it up to get good adhesion.
Ducks
C M Wings
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum