working dog photo's put them up

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, swampbilly 1980, hunt-chessies

Re: working dog photo's put them up

Postby Rick Hall » Fri May 22, 2020 5:44 am

Good on you both, RS.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Bluesky2012 » Fri May 22, 2020 7:21 am

Figured I’d add a few from this past year. Starting with some early season marsh fun.

Took marshes got stale so headed to the timber for a change of scenery

Then rounded out the year with icy fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri May 22, 2020 8:05 am

That last photo made me smile with the memory of a long ago phone call from one of my favorite annual regulars asking if it was my light deadgrass Chessie, Chien, beside me in a magazine photo of me carrying specks across a flooded field with a similar appearing dog beside me. Told him it was the writer's pride and joy yellow Lab MH I had to walk to the area of the birds' fall, and he replied "Didn't think you'd of had to get out of the blind with Chien."

For the record, I sometimes did, whether to help police up close falls while he worked long ones or for better line-of-sight handling. Lots of reasons to be out there with a dog, so I'm not criticizing. Just tickled me to be reminded of my old friends, Goat (the caller) and Chien.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri May 22, 2020 8:22 am

Here’s a couple from last season in ND

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

working dog photo's put them up

Postby Bluesky2012 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:25 am

Rick Hall wrote:That last photo made me smile with the memory of a long ago phone call from one of my favorite annual regulars asking if it was my light deadgrass Chessie, Chien, beside me in a magazine photo of me carrying specks across a flooded field with a similar appearing dog beside me. Told him it was the writer's pride and joy yellow Lab MH I had to walk to the area of the birds' fall, and he replied "Didn't think you'd of had to get out of the blind with Chien."

For the record, I sometimes did, whether to help police up close falls while he worked long ones or for better line-of-sight handling. Lots of reasons to be out there with a dog, so I'm not criticizing. Just tickled me to be reminded of my old friends, Goat (the caller) and Chien.

Yeah those two caught a stiff wind and crossed the water. It was too far and too dangerous because of the ice to run the dog straight to them so we walked the levy, crossed the road, and ran a roughly 100 yard blind on the crippled specks from the backside to pick them up. Not often we have to leave the blinds, but there are times where it happens. Can’t say I enjoy it nearly as much as sending the dog while holding a plate of eggs in my hands. I pride myself on becoming incredibly lazy since training a dog to that level.

I can’t complain too much though. That was the same hunt my friends dad forgot his waders at home, 2 hours away. I walked maybe 300 yards round trip to run my dog for those birds. My buddy, on the other hand, had to carry his 65 year old 260 lbs dad 75 yards each way on his back to the blind. The arguing, name calling, and eventually father son piggy back ride is a laugh we won’t forget for a long time.

Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby RShockley » Fri May 22, 2020 9:37 am

What do y’all use for photos while out hunting? I’m looking to get something instead of using my cellphone next season. Maybe if I have a camera with me it will help remind me to actually take some pictures.
RShockley
hunter

Postby Bluesky2012 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:43 am

RShockley wrote:What do y’all use for photos while out hunting? I’m looking to get something instead of using my cellphone next season. Maybe if I have a camera with me it will help remind me to actually take some pictures.

Half were iPhone pics, and the other half was a freak thing. While I was crossing a road, a random wildlife photographer saw, stopped me and asked to sit with us for a few hours and get some pics. That’s where these came from too.

ImageImage

Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri May 22, 2020 12:44 pm

RShockley wrote:What do y’all use for photos while out hunting? I’m looking to get something instead of using my cellphone next season. Maybe if I have a camera with me it will help remind me to actually take some pictures.

I carry a little "point & shoot" Panasonic Lumix ZS50 "travel zoom" that fits in a small belt case I can forget about until I want it.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:23 pm

016a.jpg
Rick Hall
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Dog Forum