working dog photo's put them up

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, swampbilly 1980, hunt-chessies

Re: working dog photo's put them up

Postby sprigs4days » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:13 am

HNTFSH wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:Decided to sleep in and hit the refuge for an afternoon hunt. The feds aren’t allowing any overnight or camping due to covid, gates open at 3am. Can’t tell you what a difference it’s made on the number of guys getting out, so I was pretty sure I’d get one of the ponds I was shooting for. First spot I check, not a soul. Set up and hunker down. Turned out to be one the nicest hunts I’ve had in awhile, just me and my dog and few ducks.

Went under and came up with a boot and a side of salad
53C79880-50C6-48F9-971E-8892AA507B4F.jpeg

Pretty peaceful walk out
2E757C55-DD30-4B79-8C7B-8938C11808B7.jpeg

:thumbsup: Days like that when the stars seem to align are few and far between. Sure is pretty out your way, think our mud holes would bore you both. :rolleyes: The beast is looking good, seems like yesterday you brought him home.

Thanks brother. It’s flying, beanhead will be 3 February 1.
“Life is hard, but it’s harder when you’re stupid” J. Kennedy (R-LA)
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:28 am

sprigs4days wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:Decided to sleep in and hit the refuge for an afternoon hunt. The feds aren’t allowing any overnight or camping due to covid, gates open at 3am. Can’t tell you what a difference it’s made on the number of guys getting out, so I was pretty sure I’d get one of the ponds I was shooting for. First spot I check, not a soul. Set up and hunker down. Turned out to be one the nicest hunts I’ve had in awhile, just me and my dog and few ducks.

Went under and came up with a boot and a side of salad
53C79880-50C6-48F9-971E-8892AA507B4F.jpeg

Pretty peaceful walk out
2E757C55-DD30-4B79-8C7B-8938C11808B7.jpeg

:thumbsup: Days like that when the stars seem to align are few and far between. Sure is pretty out your way, think our mud holes would bore you both. :rolleyes: The beast is looking good, seems like yesterday you brought him home.

Thanks brother. It’s flying, beanhead will be 3 February 1.

3?? Damned!!!! :hammer:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby muleequine » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:51 pm

muleequine wrote:My yearling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muleequine
hunter

Postby muleequine » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:58 pm

muleequine
hunter

Postby 5 stand » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:20 pm

muleequine wrote:Image

:thumbsup:
5 stand
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:22 am

muleequine wrote:Image

There we go, looks nice! The spot comes with it's own blind.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby muleequine » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:16 am

Probably my last for the MT season, lucky double jump shootingImage

muleequine
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:53 am

Mixed double:
009a.jpg
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Rick Hall wrote:Mixed double:
009a.jpg

That dog has a very high efficiency rating!!
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:15 pm

The entire wolf pack. The black chunks surrounding the blanket are the pieces the puppy chewed off in the 2 minutes I walked away. :no:
The lil gal is coming along nicely. Have been working on reinforcing sit and started using the whistle, started traffic cop, been having her wear the collar, but haven't turned it on yet. Introduced her to live pigeons last week. She'll chase bumpers down with gusto, but needs some work on 'here.' Really been a lot of fun thus far.
20201226_130015.jpg
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:The entire wolf pack. The black chunks surrounding the blanket are the pieces the puppy chewed off in the 2 minutes I walked away. :no:

:lol3: :lol3: Damned...she and her teeth are growing fast! :eek:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:32 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:The entire wolf pack. The black chunks surrounding the blanket are the pieces the puppy chewed off in the 2 minutes I walked away. :no:

:lol3: :lol3: Damned...she and her teeth are growing fast! :eek:

I must have a poor memory because I'd forgotten all about those razor sharp puppy teeth and claws! Puppy growth is quite amazing. Doubling body weight in a 4-week period is impressive. I'm anxious to see what her weight is at 16 weeks as some of you fellas have said that 16 week weight X2 has been a fairly accurate estimation of adult body weight.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby RShockley » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:17 pm

Archer and I had a fun trip to Nebraska for a day of pheasant and waterfowl hunting. The pheasant hunt went well and Archer is picking up the upland hunting quickly. It was awesome to see him figure it out a little more each walk. By the end he was covering ground and working the wind like a seasoned pheasant hunter. Our group was able to get 37 birds despite a really strong wind making for some very sporting shots. Unfortunately, the waterfowl hunting didn't go nearly as well. Woke up to a blue bird day with almost no wind. Plenty of birds in the area but they wanted nothing to do with us. On the bright side, heated pit blinds are amazing and it was still better than sitting in Texas not seeing many birds anyway. The guides were great and Duck Haven Outfitters is a great operation. Never felt like they weren't working as hard as they could to get us on birds. Already looking forward to hunting with them again next season.
Attachments
DHO 6.jpg
DHO 2.jpg
DHO 5.jpg
NE 1-6-21 pheasant.jpg
RShockley
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 am

B0E38B3E-1871-47D3-9B2C-C36F711B8A0D.jpeg
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:55 am

The lil gal is coming along nicely. Have been working on reinforcing sit and started using the whistle, started traffic cop, been having her wear the collar, but haven't turned it on yet. Introduced her to live pigeons last week. She'll chase bumpers down with gusto, but needs some work on 'here.' Really been a lot of fun thus far.
20201226_130015.jpg

That’s a cool pic, doc. Sometimes I miss the puppy days and some I don’t. Sounds like you’re on the ball with the little terror.
When you’re sitting in your boat and she’s out in the muck fetching that bird, it’s all worth it.
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:52 pm

sprigs4days wrote:
20201226_130015.jpg

That’s a cool pic, doc. Sometimes I miss the puppy days and some I don’t. Sounds like you’re on the ball with the little terror.
When you’re sitting in your boat and she’s out in the muck fetching that bird, it’s all worth it.

She's been a good little pupil so far. Maybe it's because I've become accustomed to having an old, fat slow dog, but the term 'high-energy' isn't a strong enough statement for this lil gal. :eek:
Looking forward to next season!
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Previous

Return to Hunting Dog Forum