Vest Recommendations For Large Dogs

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, swampbilly 1980, hunt-chessies

Vest Recommendations For Large Dogs

Postby Mtneer1434 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:51 am

I've got a tank for a pup. He should top out in the 100lb range. Who makes a good fitting vest for large dogs? I'm leaning towards an Avery Boaters Parka. I've seen good reviews and they come in sizes up to 5X. What about the Rig Em Rights? It comes in sizes up to 2X but looks like it wouldn't be as easy to modify with the canvas top layer.
Mtneer1434
hunter

Re: Vest Recommendations For Large Dogs

Postby gock5 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:03 pm

I had the Avery Boaters Parka for my Chessie, did just fine after cutting/glueing it up to fit her. She was 80#. I ended up buying the Rig Em Right Bloodline for my 55# YLF. Just picked it up the other day. Fits perfectly, no cutting needed. It's shaped a lot better to fit the dogs so there's no rubbing on the inside of her legs.
gock5
hunter

Re: Vest Recommendations For Large Dogs

Postby CatFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:55 pm

My Lab has been on a weight loss program and is down to 85lbs but was up to 95. She’s long legged though so a lot of the weight is just from being a tall dog, not a round dog. Anyway, I just got the new Browning vest in XL and it fits fine. Being Velcro, it has room to adjust. It has a feature I have not seen before which is adjustable shoulder straps. I can use them to get a good fit around the chest.
CatFan
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum