All the colors of the rainbow.

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, swampbilly 1980, hunt-chessies

All the colors of the rainbow.

Postby Lance Bell » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:09 pm

I my be a bit set in my ways but does anyone else feel all the new "money" colors of labs is getting out of control? I saw a little advertised today that contained. Charcoal, Champaign, Silver and dark Mellow. :no: . I think some of these people need punched in the back of the head.
Lance Bell
hunter

Re: All the colors of the rainbow.

Postby C M Wings » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:08 pm

AKC only recognizes black, yellow and chocolate in labs. I’ve seen silvers try and run hunt tests and there was a difference in the ones I personally saw..... that being they never passed a test. I was one how are they even here they can’t be registered as labs? But they were. They may have had JH titles on them as they were running SH. All I know is I never saw one pass. There’s something to this diluted business.
Ducks
C M Wings
hunter

Postby Dakota Creek » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:51 pm

C M Wings wrote:AKC only recognizes black, yellow and chocolate in labs.

But the AKC allows silvers to be registered as chocolates! It all about the $$$$$$'s. :mad:
NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC/CKC) (HRC & NAHRA 500 pt club)
HRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc SH
SHR UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
Dakota Creek
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:23 pm

Dark Mellow,what the h&ll is that?
Pumpguns and puppies,who could ask for anything more!
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:31 am

The only said to be "silver Lab" I've ever seen in the flesh was "chocolate" when wet, but certainly did seem to fit the genetic profile most other flavored Lab owners ascribe to them:
11264827-2d52-4fc5-a222-f57781d6ac1ca.jpg

(Dog "worked" as fearfully as the above photo suggests, but that might as well be attributed to its ham-handed "pro" as to its breeding.)

But, being a fairly tolerant soul, I'd be fine with folks marketing strawberry Labs to those so inclined. No skin off my nose.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby crackerd » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:32 am

Rick Hall wrote:The only said to be "silver Lab" I've ever seen in the flesh was "chocolate" when wet, but certainly did seem to fit the genetic profile most other flavored Lab owners ascribe to them:
11264827-2d52-4fc5-a222-f57781d6ac1ca.jpg

(Dog "worked" as fearfully as the above photo suggests, but that might as well be attributed to its ham-handed "pro" as to its breeding.)

But, being a fairly tolerant soul, I'd be fine with folks marketing strawberry Labs to those so inclined. No skin off my nose.

You've just given me an entrepreneurial notion - "Strawberry-Nosed Labs" TM pending. No more Dudleys. Just nice pink puppy skin schnozzolas! Strawberry-Nosed Labs - awaiting AKC recognition, but don't miss out by getting in your advance deposit now!

MG
crackerd
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:29 am

Only if we all agree blue or pink chessies are a "thang".
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:23 am

HNTFSH wrote:Only if we all agree blue or pink chessies are a "thang".

According to the American Chesapeake Club, the breed's only color disqualifications are black or too much white. So if you're into pink and/or blue Chessies, get after it.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Lance Bell » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 pm

I'm guessing dark Mellow would be a light chocolate??? I have no idea it's just something that drives me nuts. I also find it funny how the same people are ones who push papers like their lives depend on it. That's another gripe. I'll just stick to the old trusty black, yellow and chocolate.
Lance Bell
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum