negatives to force fetch

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, swampbilly 1980, hunt-chessies

negatives to force fetch

Postby Lt. Dan Taylor » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:59 am

any negatives to training a dog to force fetch? just started on it with my pup today and was wondering about any opinions on it
Lt. Dan Taylor
hunter
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:58 am
Location: Greenbow, Alabama

Re: negatives to force fetch

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:07 am

None I can think of if it's done correctly. It's a lot like an e-collar IMO.
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41353
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: negatives to force fetch

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:12 am

It will utterly ruin a dog with English heritage. :hammer:
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: negatives to force fetch

Postby Bluesky2012 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:08 pm

Make sure it’s only done when the barometric pressure is high or else it’ll cause long term issues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Bluesky2012
hunter
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:14 pm
Location: up the creek without a paddle

Re: negatives to force fetch

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:12 pm

Bluesky2012 wrote:Make sure it’s only done when the barometric pressure is high or else it’ll cause long term issues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Good point. :clapping:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41353
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: negatives to force fetch

Postby Lt. Dan Taylor » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:11 am

[quote="Locked&Loaded"]It will utterly ruin a dog with English heritage. :hammer:/quote]
lol all good, I'll be putting the dog down anyways because he cannot listen when he hets excited :sad:
hopefully the next one will listen instead of messing up my shoulder from a simple walk
Lt. Dan Taylor
hunter
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:58 am
Location: Greenbow, Alabama

Re: negatives to force fetch

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:15 pm

The negative effects will be brought upon by you.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
User avatar
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3712
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:52 am
Location: Hampton, Virginia

Re: negatives to force fetch

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 am

Lt. Dan Taylor wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:It will utterly ruin a dog with English heritage. :hammer:/quote]
lol all good, I'll be putting the dog down anyways because he cannot listen when he hets excited :sad:
hopefully the next one will listen instead of messing up my shoulder from a simple walk


You're having a dog euthanized because he gets excited? Here's hoping your dog injured your shoulder because he knew deep down you were taking him to the vet to be put down.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 12072
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: negatives to force fetch

Postby crackerd » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:55 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Lt. Dan Taylor wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:It will utterly ruin a dog with English heritage. :hammer:/quote]
lol all good, I'll be putting the dog down anyways because he cannot listen when he hets excited :sad:
hopefully the next one will listen instead of messing up my shoulder from a simple walk


You're having a dog euthanized because he gets excited? Here's hoping your dog injured your shoulder because he knew deep down you were taking him to the vet to be put down.


Lt. Dan's takin' it out on his dog 'cause Forrest's "Daddy" died https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/books/winston-groom-dead-forrest-gump.html. But if some of them good crackers get a'holt of him after the fact, especially if they talk to their backwoods buddies from "Deliverance" about animal cruelty, the Lt. may come out lookin' like Bubba Gump shrimp chum... :yes:

MG
crackerd
hunter
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:49 am
Location: Eastern seaboard

Re: negatives to force fetch

Postby RShockley » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:15 pm

Lt. Dan Taylor wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:It will utterly ruin a dog with English heritage. :hammer:/quote]
lol all good, I'll be putting the dog down anyways because he cannot listen when he hets excited :sad:
hopefully the next one will listen instead of messing up my shoulder from a simple walk


Surely you are meaning that as a joke right? If not I’ll happily take the dog no questions asked, train him, and find him a good home.
User avatar
RShockley
hunter
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:59 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: negatives to force fetch

Postby Xenon16 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:59 pm

Yeah, there was a strong sarcasm tone in there
Xenon16
Newb
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:19 pm


Return to Hunting Dog Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests