Duck Hunting Forum banner

negatives to force fetch

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Xenon16 
#1 ·
any negatives to training a dog to force fetch? just started on it with my pup today and was wondering about any opinions on it

#8 ·
Lt. Dan Taylor said:
Locked&Loaded said:
It will utterly ruin a dog with English heritage. :hammer:/quote]
lol all good, I'll be putting the dog down anyways because he cannot listen when he hets excited :sad:
hopefully the next one will listen instead of messing up my shoulder from a simple walk
You're having a dog euthanized because he gets excited? Here's hoping your dog injured your shoulder because he knew deep down you were taking him to the vet to be put down.

#9 ·
Locked&Loaded said:
Lt. Dan Taylor said:
Locked&Loaded said:
lol all good, I'll be putting the dog down anyways because he cannot listen when he hets excited :sad:
hopefully the next one will listen instead of messing up my shoulder from a simple walk
You're having a dog euthanized because he gets excited? Here's hoping your dog injured your shoulder because he knew deep down you were taking him to the vet to be put down.
Lt. Dan's takin' it out on his dog 'cause Forrest's "Daddy" died https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/books/winston-groom-dead-forrest-gump.html. But if some of them good crackers get a'holt of him after the fact, especially if they talk to their backwoods buddies from "Deliverance" about animal cruelty, the Lt. may come out lookin' like Bubba Gump shrimp chum... :yes:

MG

#10 ·
Lt. Dan Taylor said:
Locked&Loaded said:
Surely you are meaning that as a joke right? If not I'll happily take the dog no questions asked, train him, and find him a good home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.