Page 1 of 1

negatives to force fetch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:59 am
by Lt. Dan Taylor
any negatives to training a dog to force fetch? just started on it with my pup today and was wondering about any opinions on it

Re: negatives to force fetch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:07 am
by HNTFSH
None I can think of if it's done correctly. It's a lot like an e-collar IMO.

Re: negatives to force fetch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:12 am
by Locked&Loaded
It will utterly ruin a dog with English heritage. :hammer:

Re: negatives to force fetch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:08 pm
by Bluesky2012
Make sure it’s only done when the barometric pressure is high or else it’ll cause long term issues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: negatives to force fetch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:12 pm
by HNTFSH
Bluesky2012 wrote:Make sure it’s only done when the barometric pressure is high or else it’ll cause long term issues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Good point. :clapping:

Re: negatives to force fetch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:11 am
by Lt. Dan Taylor
[quote="Locked&Loaded"]It will utterly ruin a dog with English heritage. :hammer:/quote]
lol all good, I'll be putting the dog down anyways because he cannot listen when he hets excited :sad:
hopefully the next one will listen instead of messing up my shoulder from a simple walk

Re: negatives to force fetch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:15 pm
by LaRedneck
The negative effects will be brought upon by you.

Re: negatives to force fetch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 am
by Locked&Loaded
Lt. Dan Taylor wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:It will utterly ruin a dog with English heritage. :hammer:/quote]
lol all good, I'll be putting the dog down anyways because he cannot listen when he hets excited :sad:
hopefully the next one will listen instead of messing up my shoulder from a simple walk


You're having a dog euthanized because he gets excited? Here's hoping your dog injured your shoulder because he knew deep down you were taking him to the vet to be put down.

Re: negatives to force fetch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:55 pm
by crackerd
Locked&Loaded wrote:
Lt. Dan Taylor wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:It will utterly ruin a dog with English heritage. :hammer:/quote]
lol all good, I'll be putting the dog down anyways because he cannot listen when he hets excited :sad:
hopefully the next one will listen instead of messing up my shoulder from a simple walk


You're having a dog euthanized because he gets excited? Here's hoping your dog injured your shoulder because he knew deep down you were taking him to the vet to be put down.


Lt. Dan's takin' it out on his dog 'cause Forrest's "Daddy" died https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/books/winston-groom-dead-forrest-gump.html. But if some of them good crackers get a'holt of him after the fact, especially if they talk to their backwoods buddies from "Deliverance" about animal cruelty, the Lt. may come out lookin' like Bubba Gump shrimp chum... :yes:

MG

Re: negatives to force fetch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:15 pm
by RShockley
Lt. Dan Taylor wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:It will utterly ruin a dog with English heritage. :hammer:/quote]
lol all good, I'll be putting the dog down anyways because he cannot listen when he hets excited :sad:
hopefully the next one will listen instead of messing up my shoulder from a simple walk


Surely you are meaning that as a joke right? If not I’ll happily take the dog no questions asked, train him, and find him a good home.

Re: negatives to force fetch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:59 pm
by Xenon16
Yeah, there was a strong sarcasm tone in there