Switch to full site
Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.
Post a reply

putting down over excited dog

Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:38 am

this pup i have is amazing until he gets excited, ive tried everything and he will not listen, i have no way to socialize him with another dog or any people
all i can think of doing isto get a new one and try again

Re: putting down over excited dog

Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:42 am

Too bad your mom didn’t think the same

Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:56 am

sprigs4days wrote:Too bad your mom didn’t think the same

IDK what type of secretes all you dog whispers are hiding from the rest of us

Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:00 am

i dont mean to offend you but what would you do in this situation, I'm sure you would move on to another dog as well

Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:03 am

Find the dog a good pet home and do not get another one. Some folks just aren't cut out to bring one on.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:35 am

Lt. Dan Taylor wrote:

IDK what type of secretes all you dog whispers are hiding from the rest of us

Same secret be it dogs or peoples.

Make it about them not you.

Works every time.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:38 am

Rick Hall wrote:Find the dog a good pet home and do not get another one. Some folks just aren't cut out to bring one on.

you're right putting him down was a bit of an exaggeration and in all honesty could never do it, I think the dog will be going to my aunt

Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:07 pm

I'm curious,what breed of dog and how old? Inside or outside? Have you ever tried a obedience class for you and the dog? There are calming treats available to help until you get the pooch over the hump. Lots and lots of options before getting rid of the dog.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:25 pm

What type of dog are we talking about? I would rather work with an overactive dog than a lazy lethargic one. Seems you need to learn how to harness that drive.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:38 pm

Methinks ole Lt Dan thinks this is a fishing forum and he's doing a little trolling. If not then Rick's right,there are some folks that just shouldn't have a dog.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:34 am

Lt. You definitely should not have a dog. You are not seeing dog training for what it is and focus in only what you want.

Training a dog is a bond, especially a family dog.

Find a buddy who has a dog and hunt with him. Buy a shitzu and sit on your couch with it.
Post a reply