Make your own blind bag?

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Make your own blind bag?

Postby Khris85 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:20 pm

Hey guys. I have a pair of old neoprene waders that leak and are being replaced. I had heard of people making a blind bag out of the old pair. Anyone ever tried this before? I plan making a pair of hip boots or muck boots with the legs and figured if I had enough left over maybe I could give the bag a shot.
Khris85
hunter

Re: Make your own blind bag?

Postby Theduckguru » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:01 pm

Khris85 wrote:Hey guys. I have a pair of old neoprene waders that leak and are being replaced. I had heard of people making a blind bag out of the old pair. Anyone ever tried this before? I plan making a pair of hip boots or muck boots with the legs and figured if I had enough left over maybe I could give the bag a shot.

Sounds like a lot of work. Tons of places blowing out end of season soft side camo coolers for $5.
Banded Birds - Black Ducks - 6, Mallards 19 (3 Jack Miner) BW Teal - 2, Wood Ducks - 1, 1 Ross and 1 snow Goose (Both reward bands) , Canada Geese - 15 (2 neck collars), Morning Dove - 1.
Theduckguru
hunter

Re: Make your own blind bag?

Postby Yori » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:38 pm

I’d be interested to see it. My friends and I have been talking about how there aren’t really any totally waterproof dry bags. Blows my mind it isn’t a huge market. I use a black dry bag backpack. But it’s a slight pain getting in and out of it compared to the wide opening of regular blind bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yori
Newb

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting