range finder

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

range finder

Postby 1diverdown » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:25 pm

Any advice on an affordable range finder for hunting ducks?
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Re: range finder

Postby azdukhuntr » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:23 am

I really like the Sig Sauer I picked up a few years ago. Small, light and easy to use one handed. The KILO1000 is on sale at Sportsman's Warehouse for $159.99. Mine has seen triple duty, in the duck blind, on elk hunts and on the golf course!
"There's nothin' better than watchin' the world come alive from a duck blind"
azdukhuntr
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:42 am

I've started looking at laser measuring devices for around half that price. Mine will only be used for decoy placement and sharpening shotgunning at different angles. Meant for those who don't want to use a traditional measuring tape, I suppose. The one one I'm looking at is good to around 33 yards. I'm thinking it could be fantastic as a training tool and, or in the least, provide some answers in the blind .
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby azdukhuntr » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:56 am

:thumbsup:
"There's nothin' better than watchin' the world come alive from a duck blind"
azdukhuntr
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum