Waders from Rogers Sporting GOods

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Waders from Rogers Sporting GOods

Postby tlrmike99 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:49 pm

So I am looking at the Breathable insulated Elite waders from Rogers. If anyone had a paior, my questions is, with the zip in liner, does the zipper in the leg cause any chaffing or discomfort???

Also how do you like... Pros and cons???

Thanks all
tlrmike99
hunter

Re: Waders from Rogers Sporting GOods

Postby Mike the Fox » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:52 am

I’m on season 3 of mine and love them. The first couple weeks of season it was warm and I only wore shorts underneath them with no chaffing from the zippers. When these wear out I’ll buy another pair of the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike the Fox
hunter

Postby tlrmike99 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:02 am

Thanks for the info... super appreciate it
tlrmike99
hunter

Postby Woodiewhacker82 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Yep I love mine and have no issues whatsoever with the zipper.
Woodiewhacker82
hunter

Postby websdown » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:20 am

My brother and I both have a pair 3rd year. No problems good warmth only use them with liner when it gets into mid 20s or lower temp. Are alittle heavy would,nt want to walk into a spot over a block mostly because to much heat built up. I do slide in a felt insole when below 20ish.
websdown
hunter

Postby tlrmike99 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:51 pm

THanks guys.... I have them on order. I got the Reg, was looking at the stout, but I have sizing issure. I am 6'6" tall and push 300... but last time I got the "stout" version of a wader, the inseam was too short and the chest a bit big... I guess tall and fat is not an option...LOL!

We will see how the fit is, should be here this week. I used to run 2 pairs, most of the time the breathable, and then 5 mm Neoprene in the cold (not your guys cold, it is Oregon..LOL) or when standing in water to hunt. I am thinking these will fit the bill and I don't have to store 2 pair
tlrmike99
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:26 pm

I’ve been running the Frogg toggs Grand passage 2.0 waders for 2 seasons now and they’re the same thing as the Roger’s waders with zip in insulation. And I love them! They’ve held up very well and i stay warm in them with a good pair of wader pants under them. Liked them so much I bought a spare pair when I saw they were discontinuing them in Natural gear camo.

That said I also have a pair of USIA waders I used to wear duck hunting but never could keep warm in them once it got real cold, so now they’re just my fishing waders.
rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum