Beretta a400 extreme

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderator: Quack Wacker NC

Beretta a400 extreme

Postby cptmorgan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:53 pm

I’m looking at getting a Beretta a400 extreme to be easier on my shoulder with the kickoff system. I have a Benelli sbii and love the reliability. I also have an older beretta a391 that shoots well and has less recoil than the benelli. Is the recoil noticeably less with kickoff or is it a sales pitch thing that isn’t noticeable. I am also wondering how many shells you shoot before cleaning a beretta? I have had 2 shoulder surgeries and recently dislocated my shoulder again. Just looking for something a little more friendly on my shoulder than my benelli.

Cptmorgan
cptmorgan
hunter

Re: Beretta a400 extreme

Postby 007 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:26 pm

Just send Benelli the bill for those surgeries and see what they say. :lol3:

Seriously though, I don't know anything about Kickoff so not much help there, but I only deep clean my Beretta 390 about once a season. I had a few problems with shells hanging up in the magazine so I replaced both the mag spring and the recoil spring this summer. It's basically a brand new gun now.

Scott
hunter

Postby sn8ketr » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:20 am

cptmorgan wrote:I’m looking at getting a Beretta a400 extreme to be easier on my shoulder with the kickoff system. I have a Benelli sbii and love the reliability. I also have an older beretta a391 that shoots well and has less recoil than the benelli. Is the recoil noticeably less with kickoff or is it a sales pitch thing that isn’t noticeable. I am also wondering how many shells you shoot before cleaning a beretta? I have had 2 shoulder surgeries and recently dislocated my shoulder again. Just looking for something a little more friendly on my shoulder than my benelli.

Cptmorgan

The kickoff system significantly reduces the recoil. I have owned one for 7 years. My only complaint is it feels bulky compared to my SBE II and A5.
sn8ketr
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:55 am

I think you'll like the Kick-Off system, I know I like the one on my Xtrema2/A391.
Clean it as often (or a s little) as you cleaned your A391.

I found I had to clean my Browning Gold more often than my A300 Outlander. Maybe I used my Gold in dirtier conditions......
Often wrong, never in doubt...
mudpack
hunter

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:49 pm

Sold my SBEII and bought the Beretta A400 and never looked back. Best Shotgun I ever owned.
The A400 is by far the softest shooter I've ever had to my shoulder. I had an injury to my right shoulder and just cringed at every shot from the SBEII, plus I was one of those unlucky individuals that the SBEII tore up my bird finger all the time (and I've read about a few others that had the same problem).
Yes, it's not quite as slim feeling to some shooters as a Vera Max or the SBEII, but fits me to a 'T', and there are times it is as though it aims itself...I swear I've really had that feeling often, and when you do it's because you've found the perfect fit in a gun!
So the words Fall and Autumn are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum