Choke recommendations for Mossberg 500

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, pennsyltucky, NV Guide

Choke recommendations for Mossberg 500

Postby roughshooter1 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:12 am

Hello all,
I am looking for quality aftermarket chokes for a Mossberg 500 (Invector).
Looking to use with Bismuth, Steel and possibly TSS. I was originally looking at Carlsons but they will not export to the UK
Any recommendations?
Regards
Graham
roughshooter1
hunter

Re: Choke recommendations for Mossberg 500

Postby jsh909 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:32 am

roughshooter1 wrote:Hello all,
Looking to use with Bismuth, Steel and possibly TSS. I was originally looking at Carlsons but they will not export to the UK
Any recommendations?
Regards
Graham

If you really want a carlson's. You can have it shipped to me and I will ship it you you. Just pay me for a flat rate box through the postal service. Up to you
jsh909
hunter

Postby Duckwyatt80 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:12 am

jsh909 wrote:
Any recommendations?
Regards
Graham

If you really want a carlson's. You can have it shipped to me and I will ship it you you. Just pay me for a flat rate box through the postal service. Up to you

Carlsons Cremator set is fantastic. You can’t go wrong. I hope you can get them over in the UK somehow. I would do what jsh909 said. Have them shipped to him, then have him ship them to you. Duck hunters worldwide taking care of one another. Now where else are you going to see that?
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,....
MattW
Duckwyatt80
State Moderator

Postby jsh909 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:14 am

Duckwyatt80 wrote:
jsh909 wrote:
Any recommendations?
Regards
Graham

Carlsons Cremator set is fantastic. You can’t go wrong. I hope you can get them over in the UK somehow. I would do what jsh909 said. Have them shipped to him, then have him ship them to you. Duck hunters worldwide taking care of one another. Now where else are you going to see that?

That's right!

Also quite a few on here would vouch for me if that's the hang up. However of you don't feel comfortable or want to go a different route that is completely understandable and I would in absolutely no way be offended. Just thought I would offer. Best of luck to you on your search.

P.S. I shoot creamators in all my wing shooting guns of different makes and different gauges with wonderful results.
jsh909
hunter

Postby jsh909 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:18 am

Another solid option is to watch the classifieds on here to save yourself some money.

Also I believe the goosepit2007's shop might sell them.(I might be wrong about that) That may save you some shipping as well.
jsh909
hunter

Postby roughshooter1 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:06 pm

That’s really kind of you and if no one comes forward with a secondhand one..... then I will gladly take you up on that. Thanks
The Cremator’s are the ones I was thinking of. Good solid chokes that perform well with all types of shot
roughshooter1
hunter

Postby Hunterhewi » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:07 am

What gauge are you looking for? 12 or 20?
Hunterhewi
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes