New to the south, recently stationed in Pensacola, looking f

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

New to the south, recently stationed in Pensacola, looking f

Postby mmquerry » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:55 pm

I'm stationed at NAS Pensacola and don't know the area or its waterfowling very well, so am looking for someone that can take a newbie out in the early goose or teal seasons this September. I just got into waterfowl hunting last winter, did some duck and goose hunting up in PA. I have calls and some decoys, just looking for someone that knows the area to hunt with. I appreciate any help y'all can offer.

Contact info:

Cell: 7173313835 (call or text is fine)
Email: [email protected]

Thanks!
mmquerry
hunter

Re: New to the south, recently stationed in Pensacola, looki

Postby DDW1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:30 pm

Would love to help out bud just close to 5 hours away from you and not worth any drive like that for small amount of birds.
DDW1
hunter

Postby mmquerry » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:57 pm

No worries, I understand. What is the early season goose and teal hunting like down here?
mmquerry
hunter

Postby DDW1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:28 pm

It really depends on if your out their when the teal come through. But that is up here in central alabama. I don't have much info on geese and teal down there.
DDW1
hunter

Postby buddy h » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:22 pm

I live in south Al .but I have some family land up that way I hunt a few times a year hunting can be great at times. early goose season can be good also. Can't give specific areas but best advice I can give is put in a lot of ride time in knock on doors If I have room for a extra gun for early season I'll get up with u.
buddy h
hunter

Postby mmquerry » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I figure I'm going to be doing a lot of driving around in my free time here in the next week, hopefully I'll be able to hunt the majority of labor day weekend during the weekend stand down. I appreciate you keeping me in mind for an extra gun too. Again, more than happy to help with gas and such.
mmquerry
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting