Am I coming to Bama?

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Am I coming to Bama?

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi all,
My wife and I are looking to vacation somewhere on the Gulf Coast over February break. I was just Googling around and came upon the The Point Clear Resort in Battles Wharf. It appears to be about an hour SE of Mobile.
I was wondering if any of you knew this area or resort?
I'm looking for a really nice place for my wife, 4 and 6 year old. Are there places that are further on the Gulf that are nicer? Fly into Mobile still?
Thanks Boys,
Slack
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Am I coming to Bama?

Postby Bluesky2012 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:34 am

Slack, spent a lot of time down in Mobile and Gulf Shores over the years. Don't know that place specifically but I'll ask my friends from down there about it. The Gulf Coast and Mobile Bay are great places. Don't know how the bite will be during that time, but you may be able to get on some nice reds or specks if the weather is right.
Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:05 am

Check it out.....
http://www.marriottgrand.com

Plus the USS Alabama is docked near there with a war memorial etc....looks cool
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby JG2789 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:45 pm

If you are looking to stay on the gulf I'd check out Phoenix condos. They have about 20 different locations in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and are all nice. Gulf Shores will be about an hour drive from Mobile, but imo it's a better place to stay. A couple of things I think would be worth checking out before your trip would be Dauphin Island and Fort Morgan. I went when I was younger and thought they were pretty cool.

Link to Phoenix: https://www.phoenixallsuites.com
JG2789
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:12 am

Cool thanks.
I'd love to drive the entire coast from the Tex/Mex border to my parents on the west coast of Florida....
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting