So many duck....

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

So many duck....

Postby Havoc1 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Hunters....

I’m already dreading this season. Anyone hunt the northern opener? I was up 4 days over the opener and man the things I saw. Seen dudes hunting crescent lake about 50ft from the boat dock.. no joke. Had some hunters dog running loose trying to Eat all my decoys and about 100 more things. COVID really did a number on finding these “hunters”.
Havoc1
hunter

Re: So many duck....

Postby camoedfowler » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:18 pm

Ahoy gents! Just checked in for first time. Doesnt seem real positive for mountain zone.
I have had to move to Colorado for work, but still planning on returning to duck camp week before Thanksgiving, and will try to stay through Jan 2nd. Not sure if I can pull that off but this 2020 covid crap has been a mother ******.

Not sure how I will feel about things after this season. May have to give up my joint in AZ, I will post it up If I decide to sell.
Two trailers, all equipment, in shed and all the knowledge you could use to kill. I am thinking 20K for everything, or maybe sell off to a partner and split time like a time share,.

Post up. I wont be able to scout until mid November. First time in 20 years in AZ Dont want to have to learn new ropes in Colorado, but may have no choice. We shall see.

Hang loose
camoedfowler
hunter

Postby Dave in AZ » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:26 am

Good to hear from you guys. I used to love the 0730 got a limit already pics from Jeremy. And it was nice to know how things were going in camoed's area.

Im out of state most of oct now, but did buy my duckstamp yesterday!
Dave in AZ
hunter

Postby BusterAZ » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:55 pm

The ongoing drought really condensed the hunters and the birds on our limited bodies of water. It’s going to be tough going this year, but the majority of these hunters only come out for opening weekend!
Rather be the hunter than the prey!
BusterAZ
hunter

Postby azducknquail » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Terrible experience up north for the mountain opener - plenty of ducks, enough water, but watching idiots taking shots 100, 150 yards high really bummed me out. That plus a 1 1/2 mile walk in the mud was enough for me to stay home until the desert opens up.
azducknquail
hunter

Postby Havoc1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:29 pm

azducknquail wrote:Terrible experience up north for the mountain opener - plenty of ducks, enough water, but watching idiots taking shots 100, 150 yards high really bummed me out. That plus a 1 1/2 mile walk in the mud was enough for me to stay home until the desert opens up.

Exactly. These sky busting morons are really running loose now. But I guess that’ll leave more birds to us folk that do it right :beer:
Havoc1
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting