Hunting partners

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, Ichabod97, BigBend

Hunting partners

Postby Hogholley » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:50 am

Hey everyone. Looking to try to get in with someone to go hunting more. Most of my buddies don't like to go. I don't mind travelling and paying for my part or Doing the work involved. It's just me and my dog(Brass). I got 2 boys 10 and 7 and like to bring one of them when I can from time to time. Anyway I know everyone has a set group normally just trying to get it out there if anyone has a spot available. Thank you
Attachments
20201207_071637.jpg
Hogholley
hunter

Re: Hunting partners

Postby Hogholley » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:57 am

Forgot to mention I'm located in Central Florida, Lakeland area. Don't mind travelling to the panhandle or the glades or coast to coast.
Hogholley
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:59 am

JMHO but I'd suggest swapping a hunt to get an invite.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Hogholley » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:59 pm

Yes I would love to swap hunting places but don't have any to swap. If I get any reissues for state hunting areas I'll be able to but at the moment I only have myself and the k9 to offer lol. So it's the slim to none chance of someone needing a spot filled I reckon but thank you for the tip.
Hogholley
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:07 pm

Hogholley wrote:Yes I would love to swap hunting places but don't have any to swap. If I get any reissues for state hunting areas I'll be able to but at the moment I only have myself and the k9 to offer lol. So it's the slim to none chance of someone needing a spot filled I reckon but thank you for the tip.

I get it, that's just where the work is in duck hunting. You don't offer any upside, you represent competition. Whether you mean to or not. Everyone can shoot ducks, most don't work for the opportunity to and a lot of people that put the time in, don't need any help having fun.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Hogholley » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:38 pm

I get it, that's just where the work is in duck hunting. You don't offer any upside, you represent competition. Whether you mean to or not. Everyone can shoot ducks, most don't work for the opportunity to and a lot of people that put the time in, don't need any help having fun.[/quote]

As I agree and acknowledge with everything you said. I made it clear in my original post that I understand everyone has a set group normally. As to no upside I can give you a few for the sake of debate, even if they're not good ones, lol. 1 more person is 6 more ducks. Having a dog if someone doesn't and looking to invite someone that does. Maybe the normal group got out of it and looking for a new group or someone else just wants to go and fellowship with a fellow duck Hunter because the others backed out and they still want to go. If I had a boat there would be an open invite as to gain a new group of friends and we'd go hit all the public stuff everyone else does. All I can do is hope for reissue then give my invite. My 3 private places are done this year because the water is gone. You are correct my friend, I don't have much for my side but you don't meet new people or learn new things if you don't put it out there.
Hogholley
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:16 pm

Just saying you might need to work at sweetening the pot. YMMV. Good spots almost always work, being an extra guy to group limit doesn't.

Good to know you have something for next year to offer if there's water, probably help.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Hogholley » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:58 pm

Appreciate the conversation. Maybe I'll get lucky lol.
Hogholley
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:34 pm

Hogholley wrote:Appreciate the conversation. Maybe I'll get lucky lol.

:thumbsup:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby dogyak » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:01 pm

Check your PM box
dogyak
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:58 am

Beware that dogyak fella. :eek: :lol3:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Hogholley » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:15 pm

HNTFSH I think I got lucky lol!!
Hogholley
hunter

Postby dogyak » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:23 pm

HNTFSH wrote:Beware that dogyak fella. :eek: :lol3:

lol , I come around once in awhile :lol: :lol:
dogyak
hunter

Postby WoodrowPennsy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:35 pm

Hey, I’m in Winter Garden and would be open to getting out. I just moved to the area from Illinois so I haven’t learned a lot about getting after them down here. I do have an 18ft Jon boat w/ Beavertail blind. I have an outboard on it so that will limit some of the spots around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WoodrowPennsy
Newb

Postby Hogholley » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:38 pm

WoodrowPennsy wrote:Hey, I’m in Winter Garden and would be open to getting out. I just moved to the area from Illinois so I haven’t learned a lot about getting after them down here. I do have an 18ft Jon boat w/ Beavertail blind. I have an outboard on it so that will limit some of the spots around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!
Hogholley
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting