I thought Goose breast would be different

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, dukhntr

I thought Goose breast would be different

Postby Spot shooter » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:46 pm

Ok - I grilled the rest of the dove breasts from last year and decided to try some goose breast the same way..

I chunked them up, marinated them all in Italian dressing overnight, then slit them in the middle with pineapple, or Jalapeños, added cream cheese, wrapped them in apple smoked bacon and grilled them at 325.

Half the Goose breast was as tender as the dove, the other half was tough...

But OMG it was good.. I thought the Goose breast would have been tuff clear through.
Spot shooter
hunter

Re: I thought Goose breast would be different

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:50 am

Heres a good recipe for duck geese and dove. Just substitute the meat

INGREDIENTS:

18 doves, cleaned
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 cup diced onions
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced bell pepper
2 tbsps diced garlic
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 tbsps flour
6 purple plums, quartered
3 cups Madeira wine
1 quart chicken stock
salt and cracked black pepper to taste
METHOD:
Wash birds well inside and out and remove any visible shot. In a large dutch oven, melt butter over medium high heat. Dust doves in flour and brown well on all sides in butter. Remove and set aside. Add onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic and mushrooms. Sauté until vegetables are wilted, approximately three to five minutes. Sprinkle in two tablespoons of flour and blend well into vegetable mixture. Add purple plums, Madeira wine and chicken stock and blend well until all are incorporated. Bring to a rolling boil, reduce to simmer and return birds to the hot sauce. Season lightly using salt and pepper. Cover and continue to cook one to one and a half hours. Add a small amount of chicken stock when necessary should mixture become too thick. When cooked, serve three doves per person with a generous amount of sauce.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting