Last Weekend For Teal

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, dukhntr

Last Weekend For Teal

Postby KSTATEDUCKS95 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:25 pm

Anyone seeing any teal in the NE or SE part of the state? Been out 3 times and only shot a couple. Anyone getting out this weekend?
KSTATEDUCKS95
hunter

Re: Last Weekend For Teal

Postby Hunterhewi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:26 am

Shot a 2 man on thursday, 3 man on friday, and 15 saturday. Sunday the coots moved in and the guys from SG county were hammering them. Thought they were teal i guess, and coots arent even in season yet. These guys need to stay their asses at home. 2 days in a row, i decoyed a drake pintail at 15 yards just to watch. Each morning the group next to us shot at them when they swung over them. The second day i hollered at the "thats a damn pintail, learn your ducks or stay home" these guys really make the rest of us look like idiots. Anyways, rant over. It was a pretty good weekend for teal
Hunterhewi
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:35 am

Hunterhewi wrote: i decoyed a drake pintail at 15 yards just to watch. Each morning the group next to us shot at them when they swung over them. The second day i hollered at the "thats a damn pintail, learn your ducks or stay home" these guys really make the rest of us look like idiots.

Unfortunately, that happens far too often out there. :sad:
Often wrong, never in doubt...
mudpack
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:55 pm

Hunterhewi wrote:Shot a 2 man on thursday, 3 man on friday, and 15 saturday. Sunday the coots moved in and the guys from SG county were hammering them. Thought they were teal i guess, and coots arent even in season yet. These guys need to stay their asses at home. 2 days in a row, i decoyed a drake pintail at 15 yards just to watch. Each morning the group next to us shot at them when they swung over them. The second day i hollered at the "thats a damn pintail, learn your ducks or stay home" these guys really make the rest of us look like idiots. Anyways, rant over. It was a pretty good weekend for teal

Hate to tell you but theres dumb asses in every county in every state. ive seen a lot of them with Reno, McPherson, Rice, Barton, Ford, Stafford, etc thru the years in addition to SG
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Hunterhewi » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Yea you may be right, but when there is 10 trucks there and ALL from SG county and every group was hammering coots and shooting at big ducks..... yea they need to stay home: no room out here for dipchits that dont know what they are shooting
Last edited by Hunterhewi on Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunterhewi
hunter

Postby Hunterhewi » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:20 pm

mudpack wrote:
Hunterhewi wrote: i decoyed a drake pintail at 15 yards just to watch. Each morning the group next to us shot at them when they swung over them. The second day i hollered at the "thats a damn pintail, learn your ducks or stay home" these guys really make the rest of us look like idiots.

Unfortunately, that happens far too often out there. :sad:

Its sad really, the number of "duck hunters" that have no idea what they are doing or shooting at
Hunterhewi
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting