Hunters gathering part 2.

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

Postby Baymen Moe » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:06 pm

So here we are in the middle of winter. A winter that hasn’t really shown its face. I’m good with that. My thoughts are turning to spring turkey and fishing as probably is the case with most of you. I figure it’s not to early to talk about another hunters gathering. Last season’s gathering was a great success with new friends made as well as new hunting opportunities.

I would like to host again this year. I’m posting this early in hopes of getting more on board. I would like to have this post turkey but before the early seasons for waterfowl and deer. I know many that could not attend had hunting plans and I understand that. So as we get through summer, throw some dates my way. Either here on the board or via private messaging. We had a great time here last time and I would love a repeat. Stay in touch over the next few months. Those of you that attended last time, comment here on your experience. I was happy to meet new people and hunt with you. Let’s make it happen again.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby AvianAddict » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:18 pm

Baymen, I had a blast at the gathering! After the gathering I was able to hunt with you, Leakey and Jambrose. Turns out Jambrose and I are close to one another so we were able to get out twice and are attending a beer dinner tomorrow night. The food at your place was absolutely top notch and the only thing I’d do different is stay longer, drink more and probably crash there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AvianAddict
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:35 pm

Bill,
Despite being the only fowler from Connecticut, I was readily welcomed and the hospitality of the hosts was top shelf. Great food, super attendees that were passionate for waterfowling, guns, dogs, etc. I would certainly love to attend again :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Irishwhistler
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby JambroseOutdoors » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:50 pm

When the time comes, if anyone is thinking about going but is on the fence, I highly suggest joining. I was hesitant last year going, not knowing a single person, but so glad I attended. Never felt more comfortable and inviting from a group of strangers. Like AA and I have said countless times to each other, if we hadn't gone, we would have never known we were 20 minutes away, and he's now someone I talk to on an almost daily basis. The food everyone contributed was fantastic, the people and conversation were even better.

As someone from the south, it is often hard to find like minded people that I am accustomed to growing up. If you like the outdoors, hunting, fishing, and conversing with down to earth people, again I highly suggest attending. Can't say enough good things.

BM thank you again for putting this together. I will be doing everything in my power to attend. The wife and I are adding a newbie to the hunting blind and expecting our first child at the end of July, but after I came home raving about my time at last years outing, I think she will let me sneak away for a few hours :lol3: :beer:
JambroseOutdoors
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:38 pm

JambrolseOutdoors,
Congrats to ye and the bride and the best o' luck to all involved. :thumbsup:

Cheers Mate :beer: ,
Mike
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Maurry » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:00 am

I am looking forward to the next gathering. I believe everyone who went to the first gathering loved it. I know I did. Thanks again to Baymen for hosting it.
Maurry
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:59 pm

Throwing out the first possibility. Saturday September 5th. Labor Day weekend. I know it’s a holiday weekend that may not work for some but who knows. Just want to keep this alive. Chime in.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Farmhunter » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:41 am

I missed the last one maybe I’ll make this next one. We’re in full baby mode so just surviving to fight another day.

Seems like a good group here I’m happy to be a part of it. If I can ever make it to a gathering that would be sweet too.

Champion move to host a gathering Moe.
Solid evidence that you are the man.
Farmhunter
hunter

Postby Maurry » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:59 am

September 5 works for me, but, as you note, Baymen, it is a holiday weekend so some may be out of town.
Maurry
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:20 pm

Yes Maurry. Just getting the conversation started. I’ll entertain all date suggestions and then we can nail one down.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby AvianAddict » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:42 pm

Well Baymen, it should be easier for me this year as this weekend is my last on call weekend!

AvianAddict
hunter

Postby spider316 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:30 pm

AvianAddict wrote:Well Baymen, it should be easier for me this year as this weekend is my last on call weekend!

Congrats Brother ! :thumbsup:
Most experienced novice Duckhunter the good Lord ever created !
spider316
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Mon May 18, 2020 5:41 pm

Keeping this thread alive. Obviously circumstances are different these days. As we progress through the next few months let’s see if we can make this happen. I’d still like to host another gathering. If we’re outdoors, social distancing is easy. And that can be done here. Sharing food could be an issue but I sure hope not. I’m hopeful that the day will come and we can enjoy each other’s company and meet some more new friends in the world of sportsmen.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby AvianAddict » Mon May 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Count me in Covid or not! Pretty sure if you have enough beer you can’t get sick anyway?

AvianAddict
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Wed May 20, 2020 10:58 am

Count me in. :thumbsup:

Mikey
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby spider316 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:00 pm

AvianAddict wrote:Count me in Covid or not! Pretty sure if you have enough beer you can’t get sick anyway?

Obviously Gator arms is looking for the free meals, just saying ! :biggrin:
Most experienced novice Duckhunter the good Lord ever created !
spider316
hunter

Postby AvianAddict » Thu May 21, 2020 6:04 pm

spider316 wrote:
AvianAddict wrote:Count me in Covid or not! Pretty sure if you have enough beer you can’t get sick anyway?

Obviously Gator arms is looking for the free meals, just saying ! :biggrin:
Go pound sand Spider!

AvianAddict
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Thu May 28, 2020 9:19 am

I see 5 Sept is discussed above and whatever date the masses agree on is fine by me, but id be coming from far out of state and would not likely make most dates. looking at the calendar against the openings of each season, the Saturday before the regular duck season is 10 Oct. That gives 11 Oct to recover, scout ne last time, and be ready for the 12 and 13 Oct Berkshire and central openings respectively and well before the 16 Oct Coastal. its a self serving suggestion but a fairly low key holiday weekend as opposed to the bigger ones like labor day etc.

10 October anyone? I think we could set up a poll as a sticky on the main page if we can get a third or fourth date suggestion. thoughts?
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby AvianAddict » Thu May 28, 2020 9:30 am

There’s a solid chance I will be out of town on Labor Day weekend.

AvianAddict
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Thu May 28, 2020 12:12 pm

October 10th is the first Saturday of archery season here. Probably be hanging out in my tree stand.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:41 am

baymen,
gotcha. i hadn't checked it against other seasons and dates etc. I'm a 95% waterfowl, 4% Turkey, and 1% upland guy so i didn't give anything else a thought. Perhaps the timing (afternoon/evening start) will allow for deer guys to be out long enough to stick a deer, get them cleaned up, and show up when they can. i'm sure weather will be a factor too. we're a ways off yet but im selfishly looking for an excuse to come up early before the season.
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby Maurry » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:04 am

Unless thing get better fast, the hunters gathering may be via ZOOM. I'll still be there, but I'll miss the food.
Maurry
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:56 am

AA brought it to my attention via another conversation we were having that Baymen is hosting and if he's in his stand that's potentially an issue....that's a big detail for me to miss!

whatever date it ends up being, im hoping I can make it etc and looking forward to the season.
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:57 pm

Just found out that an HRC Hunt Test that was scheduled for this weekend has been postponed until September 5th and 6th. If that is the case, I will likely miss the gathering as I have dogs I am seeking to qualify for titles and the number of available tests have dropped significantly due to Covid-19.

I will make every effort to attend if possible. The gathering was a blast last year and both Bill and Marcie did a great job in both hosting and putting it together. :thumbsup:

Best to all,
Mike / Irishwhistler
Last edited by Irishwhistler on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Next

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting