Hunters gathering part 2.

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby wsumner » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:30 pm

I am in the same boat as Irishwhistler Really enjoy the gathering last year and will attend again this year if at all possible. Unfortunately Covid-19 has raised havoc with the HT schedule and there is a test every weekend in Sept. that I am required to attend. Thanks Bill.

Wayne
wsumner
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:06 pm

Ok gents. What would be more fitting than a gathering just before the season opens. I’m willing to limit my deer hunting, it’s a long season. So let’s shoot for October 10th. I consider that weekend the kick off of the hunting season. Weigh in on this date. If it doesn’t happen so be it. If it does, great. If it doesn’t happen, I still want to host those of you didn’t get to hunt here last season.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby wsumner » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:26 pm

Oct 10 works for me.
Mike, I check and there are no AKC or HRC hunt tests scheduled for that weekend in the New England area.

Thanks Bill
wsumner
hunter

Postby JambroseOutdoors » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:48 pm

Whatever the final date is set, I will make it work and be there! Hope everyone is staying safe and well, and look forward to hopefully seeing everyone there!
JambroseOutdoors
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:42 am

wsumner wrote:Oct 10 works for me.
Mike, I check and there are no AKC or HRC hunt tests scheduled for that weekend in the New England area.

Thanks Bill

Wayne,
Thanks for checking :thumbsup: .

Bill,
Count me in. Looking forward to seeing all.

Cheers,
Mikey
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:28 pm

Ok fellow sportsmen. I’m setting in stone October 10th for this years gathering. We have a few on board already in Irishwhistler and wsumner. I’m sure Professor Leakey and AvianAddict are on board as well as Jambrose. I’d like to see a few that didn’t attend last year. Dog Tired , Farmhunter, mawtrfowler, spider, james, etc. Forgive me for forgetting some other members. If I have forgotten you chime in and if you’re new the the forum chime in as well. All are welcome. We had a great time last year and I look forward to another group of good people. Send me a pm for anything you need to know and keep in contact throughout the summer. Thanks. Bill.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:37 pm

Also extending invites to our neighbors in Maine, Bunker and Mike the Fox.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Mike the Fox » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:21 pm

Thanks for the invite! Maybe this year I’ll make it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike the Fox
hunter

Postby JambroseOutdoors » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:49 pm

Got the date saved on the calendar. Look forward to seeing everyone, and BM thanks for putting this together again!
JambroseOutdoors
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:27 am

Baymen Moe wrote:Also extending invites to our neighbors in Maine, Bunker and Mike the Fox.

OH JEEEZ, THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD ! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Just kidding. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing all as last year was a great time. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Cheers :beer: ,
Irishwhistler
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:31 am

I'm as in as I can be this far out! I shouldn't have too much of an issue but will be making the 12hr drive beforehand so if I look tired, its in the name gents! hoping Maurry and all of the above and then some can make it. I know VAdeerslayer is in NH but he may even grace us.
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby AvianAddict » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:43 am

DT, he will probably say he’s going to come and then not answer his phone the day of! Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AvianAddict
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Irishwhistler wrote:
Baymen Moe wrote:Also extending invites to our neighbors in Maine, Bunker and Mike the Fox.

OH JEEEZ, THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD ! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Just kidding. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing all as last year was a great time. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Cheers :beer: ,
Irishwhistler

YEAH, Lets hope Bunker's hair has grown back a bit by then. This is the suburbs, not the wrestling ring :lol3:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:33 pm

As with last years get together I will be asking for head count a few weeks prior so we can plan food. Of course Marcie and I will not object to contributions in the way of appetizers etc...BYOB as usual. I'm thinking of a 3 o'clock start until whenever. And at dusk I can almost guarantee duck sightings overhead. Looking forward to this again guys. :beer:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Maurry » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:05 am

Hey, DT, hope to see you at the gathering. I should warn you that there is a decent chance I'll be in N. C. in the fall for a week or so. If I am there, I trust you can show me how to hunt in beautiful Carolina.
Maurry
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:19 am

Maurry, please pass along an invite to your son Joe.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:12 am

I’m looking forward to it. It was a great time last year.

Hey any of you guys that have a long drive, I’ve got a place fairly nearby to Baymen in Marshfield. I’d be happy to let a couple people crash there.

Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Maurry » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:26 am

Thanks for thinking of Joe, Baymen. I already spoke to him. He's eager to come, but his schedule makes it difficult for him to plan...often gets called away at last minute.
Maurry
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:54 am

AvianAddict wrote:DT, he will probably say he’s going to come and then not answer his phone the day of! Haha!

whats weird about that?
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 am

Maurry wrote:Hey, DT, hope to see you at the gathering. I should warn you that there is a decent chance I'll be in N. C. in the fall for a week or so. If I am there, I trust you can show me how to hunt in beautiful Carolina.

send me the dates and we can organize something, guided or freelance, there are some opportunities for sure!
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting