Hunters gathering part 2.

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby JambroseOutdoors » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:05 am

I will be there BM, really looking forward to it! Sorry we won't see you Wayne, but congrats on being selected as a judge that's awesome! Enjoy the beautiful state of KY, lived there for 18 yrs, still wonder why I ever moved away. You'll love it down there!
User avatar
JambroseOutdoors
hunter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:58 pm
Location: Central MA

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Baymen Moe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:29 am

We’ll miss ya Wayne but sounds like you’re in for a great time down south. Enjoy.

See you then Jack. Glad you can make it.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:41 am
Location: New England

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Dog Tired » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:19 am

i'm still in! what can i bring? Was thinking local shrimp from my area but i know that isn't terribly special. I'd love to bring some fresh drum or speckled trout but my catching isn't as consistent as my wishing. Let me know. Same with time and location etc as i'll be scouting most of the day starting in the Berkshires and heading east towards yall.
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm
Location: Eastern NC

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Maurry » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 am

I'm out, Bill, due to covid-19 concerns, but son Joe plans to be there. I am disappointed to miss it as it was so good last year.
Maurry
hunter
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Brimfield

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Dog Tired » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:29 am

sad to hear that Maurry, any word on travels down my way?
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm
Location: Eastern NC

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Baymen Moe » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:44 pm

Maurry wrote:I'm out, Bill, due to covid-19 concerns, but son Joe plans to be there. I am disappointed to miss it as it was so good last year.

Totally understand Maurry. We'll miss you here. Glad you made it last year and glad we got to hunt together. Hopefully we may hunt together again.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:41 am
Location: New England

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Baymen Moe » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:47 pm

Dog Tired wrote:i'm still in! what can i bring? Was thinking local shrimp from my area but i know that isn't terribly special. I'd love to bring some fresh drum or speckled trout but my catching isn't as consistent as my wishing. Let me know. Same with time and location etc as i'll be scouting most of the day starting in the Berkshires and heading east towards yall.

Dog, you bring whatever or nothing. Just glad you can make it. I'll send you PM with my contact info and time of party.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:41 am
Location: New England

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Maurry » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:46 am

No, Dog. Daughter is coming up here instead. I would really have liked to hunt down your way. Each year, I think I am going to do it and it never comes to pass.
Maurry
hunter
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Brimfield

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Baymen Moe » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:25 pm

I’m sure we’re all wearing masks at this point and I ask that you at least bring one. I know a few of my neighbors but you never know who might squeal on a party situation taking place. I don’t want to be that guy on the news. Thank you.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:41 am
Location: New England

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Dog Tired » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:05 pm

we live in a strange world where neighbors would be worried about neighbors like that but here we are. looking forward to it either way.
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm
Location: Eastern NC

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Joser06 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:43 pm

I unfortunately have to bow out this, work has been crazy and I haven't been able to get the day off....... super bummed.
User avatar
Joser06
hunter
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:49 pm

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Baymen Moe » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:07 pm

We’ll raise a glass to those who can’t make it. Hope the shoulder is good Joser.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:41 am
Location: New England

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Joser06 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:30 pm

Shoulder is great! I will be thinking of you guys!
User avatar
Joser06
hunter
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:49 pm

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Maurry » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:36 am

Hey, Dog! Be sure to say hello to my son Joe at the gathering.
Maurry
hunter
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Brimfield

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Dog Tired » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:40 am

Hope you guys had fun! Something came up that prevented me from getting there. I was really looking forward to it and feel like trash since I pushed for the 10th etc. Some things are beyond your control.
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm
Location: Eastern NC

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Baymen Moe » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:06 am

Great time everyone, thank you for coming and thanks for the appetizers. As usual, a nice bunch of people. I truly enjoyed myself. What a treat to get a retriever demonstration from Irishwhistler and his labs Trad and Mac, truly impressive. My heartfelt thanks to Mike J for the housewarming gift, I was almost speechless. I think everyone knows now not to challenge Marcie's cooking abilities,(Bunker) :lol3:. Thanks for the flying ribeye. Once again, due to the gathering, another hunting connection was made. Jambroseoutdoors will be joining me and Professor Leakey on Tuesday for the opener. Already looking forward to gathering number 3.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:41 am
Location: New England

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Irishwhistler » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:55 am

Baymen Moe wrote:Great time everyone, thank you for coming and thanks for the appetizers. As usual, a nice bunch of people. I truly enjoyed myself. What a treat to get a retriever demonstration from Irishwhistler and his labs Trad and Mac, truly impressive. My heartfelt thanks to Mike J for the housewarming gift, I was almost speechless. I think everyone knows now not to challenge Marcie's cooking abilities,(Bunker) :lol3:. Thanks for the flying ribeye. Once again, due to the gathering, another hunting connection was made. Jambroseoutdoors will be joining me and Professor Leakey on Tuesday for the opener. Already looking forward to gathering number 3.


Aye Bill,

Hats off to ye and Marcie for hosting this great event once again this year. So much fun sharing time with with folks that appreciate the grand American Heritage and Traditions that are integral to waterfowl hunting. Good to see the folks that attended last year and to meet some new attendees yesterday (Mike J. Joe, Heidy, and Bunker).

Sorry if I seemed to be dragging, but I indeed was doing just that. Up to hunt at 00:dark hundred yesterday morning, the 2 hour ride out to your home and a 2 hour return trip, along with a cold and allergies all kicking me in the arse. Still, given how much fun I had at last years gathering, I was committed to making the trip yesterday and was so glad I was able to do so.

Glad ye enjoyed watching me retrievers TRAD and MAC at work, they are good lads and love their job :thumbsup: . Seems ye guests enjoyed seeing them in action.

Good luck to ye, Jack, and Gary on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

Thanks much to you and Marcie for ye outstanding hospitality yesterday.

Slainte :beer: ,
Mike / Irishwhistler
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
User avatar
Irishwhistler
hunter
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:40 pm
Location: Lab Land

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby JambroseOutdoors » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:08 pm

Big thank you to BM and Marci for again hosting yesterday. Great food, great conversations, great people. Mike thank you for running the gauntlet yesterday to make it, was great to see you again and awesome to see the pups put on a show! Bunker nice to meet you and again thank you for the crane, that was my first time having it and it lives up to the hype. Great to see familiar faces and meet new ones, truly was a great time.

Thanks again BM, and I will see you and Leakey on Tuesday!
User avatar
JambroseOutdoors
hunter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:58 pm
Location: Central MA

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Irishwhistler » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:43 pm

JambroseOutdoors wrote:Big thank you to BM and Marci for again hosting yesterday. Great food, great conversations, great people. Mike thank you for running the gauntlet yesterday to make it, was great to see you again and awesome to see the pups put on a show! Bunker nice to meet you and again thank you for the crane, that was my first time having it and it lives up to the hype. Great to see familiar faces and meet new ones, truly was a great time.

Thanks again BM, and I will see you and Leakey on Tuesday!


Aye Jack,

Grand seeing ye again and glad ye enjoyed the retrievers at work :thumbsup: . A safe and enjoyable gunning season to ye Mate.

Cheers,
Mike
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
User avatar
Irishwhistler
hunter
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:40 pm
Location: Lab Land

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:54 pm

That was the best corn chowder that I ever sort of remember having! Thanks again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 4408
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Marsh Vegas

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby MIKE J. » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:50 pm

Thank you to the host, Bill & Marcie for great time. Nice to meet new friends and chat with some old.. Looking forward to the next one.

PS: I guess I'm back on here as well :beer:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
User avatar
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:10 pm
Location: Coastal Massachusetts

Re: Hunters gathering part 2.

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:22 pm

MIKE J. wrote:Thank you to the host, Bill & Marcie for great time. Nice to meet new friends and chat with some old.. Looking forward to the next one.

PS: I guess I'm back on here as well :beer:
https://youtu.be/vdXhWS7lLvs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 4408
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Marsh Vegas

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests