MassWildlife Waterfowl Hunter Survey

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

MassWildlife Waterfowl Hunter Survey

Postby Noreaster » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:10 pm

I finally got a chance to fill out the waterfowl survey.
I like the proposal of the tri split, having the season closed during the two weeks of shotgun deer
Attachments
Screenshot_20210211-124917.png
Screenshot_20210211-124902.png
Noreaster
hunter

Re: MassWildlife Waterfowl Hunter Survey

Postby JambroseOutdoors » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:51 am

I would be cool with either proposal, maybe motivate me to get after deer. What I am worried about and would be super discouraging is if there are more limit changes. I understand the reasoning behind it, but would be hard to motivate to get up in the morning and chase something like 1 mallard, especially once the first freeze comes and pushes the wood ducks out. Fingers crossed
JambroseOutdoors
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:59 pm

i voted for no change in the west with the Berkshires and central zones opening on different days. the Berkshires really is its own area apart from the central as seen when things ice, they tend to ice a bit in advance on the western part of the state in my recent observations. could be wrong, but i also like more zones as there are more options.
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:01 pm

i voted for no change in the west with the Berkshires and central zones opening on different days. the Berkshires really is its own area apart from the central as seen when things ice, they tend to ice a bit in advance on the western part of the state in my recent observations. could be wrong, but i also like more zones as there are more options.
Blind laws are treason
Dog Tired
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting