DHC Million Thread almost has 30 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: DHC Million Thread almost has 30 Million views...

Postby Mike the Fox » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:33 pm

Mixed bag today. Woodie, ring neck, merg, and the first coot I’ve ever seen in Maine. 46 degrees and pouring rain so it was a short hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike the Fox
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:41 pm

Nice Pic Mike! :thumbsup:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Boatman » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:46 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Image

Where are you at shooting Buffy's already that seems kind of early

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Mike the Fox » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:25 am

Morning guys. [HOT BEVERAGE]️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike the Fox
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:24 am

Morning guys :beer:
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:54 am

Boatman wrote:

Secrets

There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Got a breeder last night with the rat trap. Been successful so far not getting my own fingers broken. :fingerhead:

I pulled the traps this morning about 5:30 am and one was sprung and I guess it must have clocked her in the head and she wobbled off a few feet and bit the dust. I didn't see it till a few minutes ago while out back.

HNTFSH - 1
Rats - 0

Keep me busy till Duck and Pheasant season. Ohio Mike was right, they are living under the neighbors deck which is enclosed, I found their front and back doors. Have trail cam pics of at least 3, I am guessing there are quite a few. :mad:

She Rat.JPG
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:31 am

OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:09 am

HNTFSH wrote:Got a breeder last night with the rat trap. Been successful so far not getting my own fingers broken. :fingerhead:

I pulled the traps this morning about 5:30 am and one was sprung and I guess it must have clocked her in the head and she wobbled off a few feet and bit the dust. I didn't see it till a few minutes ago while out back.

HNTFSH - 1
Rats - 0

Keep me busy till Duck and Pheasant season. Ohio Mike was right, they are living under the neighbors deck which is enclosed, I found their front and back doors. Have trail cam pics of at least 3, I am guessing there are quite a few. :mad:

She Rat.JPG

Woulda been a real shooter next year.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:06 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:Got a breeder last night with the rat trap. Been successful so far not getting my own fingers broken. :fingerhead:

HNTFSH - 1
Rats - 0

She Rat.JPG

:yes: And eater! :help:

Two more last night. One was a small, young one. The other was bigger but wasn't much left of him, think a coon musta drug him off a bit and then gnawed most of the meat off his bones.

Wife called the neighbors with the deck. They seem like nice people but are super-dorks, a salt-n-pepper young couple that are complete geeks. The guy damned near wore shoulder pads and a helmet to cut his grass before turning that arduous chore over to a landscape company. I mean c'mon, I've seen him wear a fedora and a vest for God's sake.

Anyway - saw him dart out last night after the call and thought he was running up to get rat traps. Instead, I see this morning he put down a few bricks to block the holes. I expect to see new holes before the end of the day leading in and out under the deck. :fingerhead:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:38 am

HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:

HNTFSH - 1
Rats - 0

She Rat.JPG

Two more last night. One was a small, young one. The other was bigger but wasn't much left of him, think a coon musta drug him off a bit and then gnawed most of the meat off his bones.

Wife called the neighbors with the deck. They seem like nice people but are super-dorks, a salt-n-pepper young couple that are complete geeks. The guy damned near wore shoulder pads and a helmet to cut his grass before turning that arduous chore over to a landscape company. I mean c'mon, I've seen him wear a fedora and a vest for God's sake.

Anyway - saw him dart out last night after the call and thought he was running up to get rat traps. Instead, I see this morning he put down a few bricks to block the holes. I expect to see new holes before the end of the day leading in and out under the deck. :fingerhead:

:lol3: :lol3: City slickers! Maybe lawn mowing is a full contact sport wherever that fella is from? Generally, anyone whow wears a fedora / vest combo is going to struggle with anything outside of an office building.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:56 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:

HNTFSH - 1
Rats - 0

She Rat.JPG

:lol3: :lol3: City slickers! Maybe lawn mowing is a full contact sport wherever that fella is from? Generally, anyone whow wears a fedora / vest combo is going to struggle with anything outside of an office building.

Yes, I think his idea of "roughing it" is grilling burgers on the deck. :rolleyes: They have a pretty good idea now of what it's like to live next door to a Conservative outdoorsman. Haven't hung any deer off the upper deck to bleed out yet though. :devil:

They must think I'm a real badarse not wearing goggles to cut the lawn. :bow:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 am

HNTFSH wrote:They must think I'm a real badarse not wearing goggles to cut the lawn. :bow:

Unclog the grass on your mower's chute while the motor is still running to really show em what you're made of.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:47 am

OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby Jarbo03 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:56 am

OGblackcloud wrote:Morning guys [emoji481]
Morning buddy, hope all is well on your end!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:14 am

ohio mike wrote:Revival animal health has a rat/mouse poison that's safe around dogs.

Up to 5 but could have been double that if I had more traps. :rolleyes: Gonna get a couple more, set 4 tonight and in a day or so deploy the RatX. :thumbsup:

Then I can focus back on the Chipmunks! :hammer: :help:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Boatman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:56 am

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Boatman wrote:

Secrets

Oh come on give me a GPS coordinates

There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:57 am

Jarbo03 wrote:

Going well Jarbo hope the same for you :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:22 am

HNTFSH wrote:
ohio mike wrote:Revival animal health has a rat/mouse poison that's safe around dogs.

Up to 5 but could have been double that if I had more traps. :rolleyes: Gonna get a couple more, set 4 tonight and in a day or so deploy the RatX. :thumbsup:

I'm going to be disappointed if you don't take a tailgate shot of that limit of 5.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:42 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:

I'm going to be disappointed if you don't take a tailgate shot of that limit of 5.

:lol3: Guess I can't include the dog on this one. :no:

Last nights 5 plus the original Momma rat including the one that got gnawed on. Saw a bigger one this afternoon, getting bold during broad daylight. :mad: Was able to track him a bit, don't know where he ended up but know what direction he headed. More traps out now but daylight makes them tougher with birds and squirrels. Might have to recruit Spinnerman and his bow.

Thank God hand sanitizer is now readily available. :help:

Rats.JPG
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:09 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:

:lol3: Guess I can't include the dog on this one. :no:

Last nights 5 plus the original Momma rat including the one that got gnawed on. Saw a bigger one this afternoon, getting bold during broad daylight. :mad: Was able to track him a bit, don't know where he ended up but know what direction he headed. More traps out now but daylight makes them tougher with birds and squirrels. Might have to recruit Spinnerman and his bow.

Thank God hand sanitizer is now readily available. :help:

Rats.JPG

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: You did not disappoint!!!
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:22 pm

We were varmint hunting this morning, too:
004a.jpg
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:29 pm

Big head on that gator
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby Jarbo03 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:46 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:

Going well Jarbo hope the same for you [emoji106]
All is well, little girl is growing like a weed and loves to fish. Swamp is headed my way now, leaving for Montana on Thursday. Both have antelope tags and I also have a cow elk tag.

Jarbo03
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:53 pm

Rick Hall wrote:We were varmint hunting this morning, too:
004a.jpg

Ahhhh hell nah!!
I don't get it. I know nothing whatsoever about gators, but serious question -- how do you guys spend time in the marsh hunting ducks and not lose a guy and a dog every other hunt with monsters like that lurking around?
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole