Pet peeves..

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Pet peeves..

Postby charlie beard » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:26 pm

What's yours??

One of mine twist ties on a loaf of bread.
One will be clockwise and the next counter clockwise what the ####.

So must have righties and lefties. :huh:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Lonegoose32 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:22 pm

When you tell guys to close their blind doors because birds are coming close and instead of them just closing the doors immediately, they have to make visual confirmation for themselves. Then say oh yeah birds birds get down and then close their blind doors.
They were here yesterday
Lonegoose32
hunter

Postby txskimo » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Toilet paper.....who in their right minds puts it under over?
txskimo
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:37 pm

The NRA's constant attempt to get me to put them in my will. My father-in-law who was a WW2 vet dropped his membership because of it. He wasn't even a gun owner.
Pumpguns and puppies,who could ask for anything more!
ohio mike
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:38 pm

One of my wife's never sit down at her table to eat with your hat on. :mad:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby jcz » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Face paint. I don't mean the guys that put a little paint on their face but those that cover their whole face. Paint it dark as hell. :fingerhead:
jcz
hunter

Postby Fullchoke132 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:33 pm

The entitled gimmie gimmie generation.

And losing at dominoes
Fullchoke132
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:39 pm

Fish that think they are to good to get caught by me!
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby go get the bird » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:35 pm

2. Lists
1. Order
3. Irony

How many times are we going to do this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:22 am

Two things, people who are intolerant of other people's culture, and the the Dutch.
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. - Aldo Leopold
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:35 am

Wal Mart and Hillary Clinton both are the debil bobby bouchet!
If you believe in the 150 pellets in the 10 inch circle, I guarantee you will miss more turkeys!!
Cujo1
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:09 am

Dogs that beg for food when you're trying to eat, and their owners that reinforce that behavior.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
rat-tailed snitch

Postby Mike the Fox » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:49 am

Hipsters, pop country, politicians, free loaders milking the system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike the Fox
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:58 am

Rude parking lot behavior:

(1) Shopping cart abandoners. They push the cart for three miles inside the store, but cannot push it 50 more feet to the cart corral, and instead shove them up on islands and between vehicles. C'mon man, make life a little easier on the guy who has to collect all these carts.

(2) Fire Lane parkers. The folks who think that because they are only grabbing a few items, that parking in the fire lane is therefore acceptable. More than likely, it is also a luxury brand vehicle, thus reinforcing the stereotype of the "my :censored: doesn't stink." C'mon man. I am sure you can make it the extra twenty yards if you go all in and try as hard as possible.

(3) Middle of the lot walkers. Sure pedestrians have the right of way, but that is for crossing, not walking down the middle of the throughway like a vehicle moving at glacial speeds. Same goes for the folks who take the shortest distance between two points which means they are not crossing at 90 degrees, but more like 15 degrees. C'mon man. Burn the extra calorie to move it along and walk the extra five steps it takes to cross at 90 degrees.

(4) Backout procrastinators. When they see you are waiting for their spot, and they decide to text, adjust mirrors, seats and belts, find something interesting on the radio, and then check their shopping receipt, before putting it into reverse. C'mon man, show some urgency and courtesy.
Last edited by Rat Creek on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:18 am

Rat Creek wrote:Rude parking lot behavior:

(1) Shopping cart abandoners. They push the cart for three miles inside the store, but cannot push it 50 more feet to the cart corral, and instead shove them up on islands and between vehicles. C'mon man, make life a little easier on the guy who has to collect all these carts.

(2) Fire Lane parkers. The folks who think that because they are only grabbing a few items, that parking in the fire lane is therefore acceptable. More than likely, it is also a luxury brand vehicle, thus reinforcing the stereotype of the "my :censored: doesn't stink." C'mon man. I am sure you can make it the extra twenty yards if you go all in and try as hard as possible.

(3) Middle of the lot walkers. Sure pedestrians have the right of way, but that is for crossing, not walking down the middle of the throughway like a vehicle moving at glacial speeds. Same goes for the folks how take the shortest distance between two points which means they are not crossing at 90 degrees, but more like 15 degrees. C'mon man. Burn the extra calorie to move it along and walk the extra five steps it takes to cross at 90 degrees.

(4) Backout procrastinators. When they see you are waiting for their spot, and they decide to text, adjust mirrors, seats and belts, find something interesting on the radio, and then check their shopping receipt, before putting it into reverse. C'mon man, show some urgency and courtesy.

RC, I have to add the people that have handicap stickers for no apparent reason and they are to lazy to walk a little ways farther. Doctors are all to eager to sign those sticker forms these days for people that have migraine headaches etc. To me Handicap means someone that has difficulty walking and needs assistance and elderly people that cant walk very far. just because a person has arthritis in his hands doesn't mean he cant walk another 50 or 75 feet.

Oh and those people that use their parents car and handicap sticker and mom and pop aren't with them on the trip, need their heads slapped.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:53 am

Let's just cut to the eight hundred pound Gorilla in the room.

Taking someone onto private land Honey Holes they've never been to before, and then find out they've been back a week later pounding on the landlord's door to see if they can come back bringing their friends as well!

We all know it happens!
So the words Fall and Autumn are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby hunterbr » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:41 pm

Obese people that only use the electric scooters because they are too fat and lazy to try and lose weight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
hunterbr
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:57 pm

hunterbr wrote:Obese people that only use the electric scooters because they are too fat and lazy to try and lose weight.

I often wonder when I see grossly obese people using scooters, do they have an actual disability that rendered them immobile, that contributed to their obesity? Or is this a person who has a serious issue with food, that has led them to be so heavy that they cannot shop for more food without the assistance of the scooter?

I am sure both are represented, but I am also fairly certain the latter represents the majority because lack of movement is not the main contributor to weight gain.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Greenheadindy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Ketchup in packets.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Greenheadindy
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:00 pm

(3) Middle of the lot walkers. Sure pedestrians have the right of way, but that is for crossing, not walking down the middle of the throughway like a vehicle moving at glacial speeds. Same goes for the folks who take the shortest distance between two points which means they are not crossing at 90 degrees, but more like 15 degrees. C'mon man. Burn the extra calorie to move it along and walk the extra five steps it takes to cross at 90 degrees.

I frequently see chubby women wearing fashionable sweat clothes leave the cart in the lot. They all have dyed blond hair and too much make-up in common, chunky, and drive a Lexus or something similar.

I detest women like that in general. It's not like hair, nails, and facepaint make up for the rest of them.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Pet peeves..

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:59 pm

A big one for me is people at the grocery store who stand in the middle of an aisle or other area, blocking the way for everyone else and being totally oblivious to that fact.

A few of us were filtering into the main entrance yesterday, when this person at the front of the pack just stops and pulls out their phone. They stood there backing up the entire flow of people into the store without a care in the world.

I wanna ram 'em!
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. - Aldo Leopold
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:02 pm

Botiz630 wrote:A big one for me is people at the grocery store who stand in the middle of an aisle or other area, blocking the way for everyone else and being totally oblivious to that fact.

A few of us were filtering into the main entrance yesterday, when this person at the front of the pack just stops and pulls out their phone. They stood there backing up the entire flow of people into the store without a care in the world.

I wanna ram 'em!

I'm sure they were getting an important facejob update.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Tim Terrell » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:20 pm

cluckmeister wrote:

Hillbilly sitting in a beat-up pickup. Not just parked in the Fire Lane but in the middle of the ramp leading into and exiting the grocery store. When I walk past I say loudly "Must be ROYALTY out and about today. That yellow striping doesn't mean VIP parking. It means NO PARKING."

I walk into the store... get my stuff, checkout and leave the store. Same truck still sitting there... hillbilly now standing next to exit. He comes rushing up and yells "I heard what you said!!!"
I say "Good. I meant every word. So, who died and made you Princess Grace?"
He starts waving his arm--the one in a cast--around and threatens me saying "You better be watching your back." I says "Always do."
Honestly, how entitlement got to this state is beyond me. TAP-TAP.
--Tim
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby Boocephus » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:26 pm

Women that dont lift the toilet seat back up.
Boocephus
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:27 pm

Boocephus wrote:Women that dont lift the toilet seat back up.

Piss on the seat.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole