Pet peeves..

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:00 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
And why is the Magnum always too tight! :mad: :huh:

That's because Mrs. HNTFSH knows you have sensitive feelings and bought you magnum finger rubbers instead. Simply put, you have it on the wrong appendage. :fingerhead:

And may I purchase a dozen from you? :oops: :eek:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:28 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:
And why is the Magnum always too tight! :mad: :huh:

That's because Mrs. HNTFSH knows you have sensitive feelings and bought you magnum finger rubbers instead. Simply put, you have it on the wrong appendage. :fingerhead:

And may I purchase a dozen from you? :oops: :eek:

Why sure thing Mister Fister! :hammer: :lol3:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:50 pm

Ok guys, you may be kidding about the finger protectors, but, theres more to it than you know.

Several years ago my wife was a Pharmacist for a National Chain. The store she worked at was located in a low income area of town. This was right after the invasion of Vietnamese refugees. Several of the towns refugees live in this low income part of town and got their prescriptions in my wifes store. The store hired an Vietnamese lady to work as a pharmacy tech and translator. After about 3 months my wife happened to notice that the finger protectors/finger cots were selling like hot cakes to the Asian men.
So being the inquiring person that she is, asked the lady translator why the men were purchasing all these protectors. The lady just laughed and said. Asian men have a rather small penis and American condoms are to big so the Asian use these as condoms.

And ,Now, you know the rest of the story! :lol3:
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby gangrig25 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:19 am

That's racist
gangrig25
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:17 am

gangrig25 wrote:That's racist

For years I've been telling my wife that I'm a black man from the waist down.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:20 am

sprigs4days wrote:Bad breath. Can't these people taste the crap growing in their mouth.

X2
My wife will get people in the dental chair with breath so bad she can smell it through her mask. She puts a bead of toothpaste on the inside of her mask to block the stench. And who doesn't brush and floss before going to the dentist, gross!
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Boatman » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:48 am

I will eat a half a box of oreo cookies before I go so they earn there money.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:51 am

I get that some of it is chronic health related bad breath, but my goodness, some people have bad judgment. :no:

When with my team for lunch before a client meeting, I am the total buzz kill as I veto all the Italian, Mexican and Greek restaurants in favor of boring sandwiches, and insist no one add onion. :hammer: No reason to go into a client meeting exhaling metabolized garlic or onions. :eek:

Just a couple weeks ago, I was on my Southwest flight watching folks come down the aisle looking for a seat. From my aisle seat, I could literally smell a woman's breath before she got to me; it was so :censored: strong. I assume she had some giant garlic and onion thing for lunch, and it was now being pumped out of her lungs. :eek: I made myself busy with my backpack to be sure she did not ask for the middle seat next to me. :oops:

Unfortunately for the two ladies one row behind me, she asked to sit between them. I could smell her the entire flight, so it had to be miserable for those two ladies to be breathing that air from 12 inches away. :help: :sad:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby TrapperRob » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:05 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:Bad breath. Can't these people taste the crap growing in their mouth.

X2
My wife will get people in the dental chair with breath so bad she can smell it through her mask. She puts a bead of toothpaste on the inside of her mask to block the stench. And who doesn't brush and floss before going to the dentist, gross!

Gross! I couldn’t do it.

I enjoy going to the dentist personally.

I don’t understand who doesn’t floss and brush daily, let alone before a dentist appointment.
Be a mentor.

Semper Paratus
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:36 pm

TrapperRob wrote:I don’t understand who doesn’t floss and brush daily, let alone before a dentist appointment.

I hate when I see guys come straight from the gym to the barber shop, or clearly just got out of bed to the barber....gross and inconsiderate.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby TrapperRob » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Slack Tide wrote:
TrapperRob wrote:I don’t understand who doesn’t floss and brush daily, let alone before a dentist appointment.

I hate when I see guys come straight from the gym to the barber shop, or clearly just got out of bed to the barber....gross and inconsiderate.

Basic hygiene skills are unfortunately overlooked by a lot of people.
Be a mentor.

Semper Paratus
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:11 pm

TrapperRob wrote:
I enjoy going to the dentist personally.

Enjoy is probably not the word I would use, but I appreciate the outcome. :thumbsup:

:hammer:

I travel regularly, thus have a dopp kit permanently packed and in my roller bag. If at the hotel, I pull out the last three inches of floss and cannot follow my routine, I will head for the front desk. If they lack floss, it is into the car and to the local Walmart, CVS or Walgreens. :yes:

Yes, I have issues, but they are related to hygiene. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:34 pm

gangrig25 wrote:That's racist

Hows it racist when a Asian women tells a story about Asian men
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:52 pm

Boatman wrote:I will eat a half a box of oreo cookies before I go so they earn there money.

:lol3: I dare ya to turn these chompers white!!
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:46 pm

Women who always make sure to mention they used to be a cheerleader. :rolleyes: Okay, so thirty years and fifty pounds ago, you were a high school cheerleader. :rolleyes: What I'd like to ask is - What happened? :huh:

Guys who always make sure to mention they "played ball in college." Again, so thirty years and sixty pounds ago, you were on the roster of Northwest Eastern Southern State Tech. :rolleyes: And that is relevant today for what reason? :huh:

A friend of one of my sons was always visiting him at the University of Kansas, as that is where this kid really wanted to go. BUT, his father made him "take the football scholarship" which basically made his small college tuition equal to in-state school.

This is a really good kid, and a slightly better than average high school linebacker. He did not want to go to the college in the middle of nowhere. However, every time I ran into his father, he reminded me- "Well I guess you know Andrew is playing ball on a scholarship at Middle of Nowhere State." :rolleyes:

Well, isn't that special. :clapping:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Boatman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:46 pm

So what does that mean you were a fat, teachers pet,that did nothing when you were young[emoji41][emoji16]

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Boatman wrote:So what does that mean you were a fat, teachers pet,that did nothing when you were young

:thumbsup: Exactly. :beer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Boatman » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:11 pm

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Backwoods Water » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:12 pm

The smell of cat piss inside someone home....
Backwoods Water
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:08 pm

"MAYBE'S"

I cannot stand people who cannot commit YES or NO to an event like going hunting, golfing, fishing, shooting pool, etc.

Some people don't comprehend putting you on hold until they make up their mind 3 hours before the proposed event, screws you out of making other plans yourself. :fingerhead:

If I ask you Monday if you want to do XYZ on Saturday and you can't tell me until Friday night, deal off. :mad: There's quite a few people I just stopped asking and doing stuff with. It seems habitual. :rolleyes: Seems clueless behavior to me.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:16 pm

I'd ask why we have to wait until Saturday ? If you're gonna ask at the first of the week you should be able to go then too . Then I'm gonna burn your phone up all week long to make sure you're still going and not gonna flake :biggrin:
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:24 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:I'd ask why we have to wait until Saturday ? If you're gonna ask at the first of the week you should be able to go then too . Then I'm gonna burn your phone up all week long to make sure you're still going and not gonna flake :biggrin:

Most of these guys take a week's worth of patience building in my head. :scooter:

My work is is asking a lot of questions and committments all week long and circling back a LOT on most of that to get an answer. Can't do that for playtime...no patience left. :lol3:

Had a good buddy that had a habit of asking me to do something out of the blue the night before. I'm like dude, I had Saturday planned 3 days ago. :hammer: :no:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:41 am

Have you ever been in a rush at the store or bank and a woman in front of you MUST sign her full, perfect, Catholic School, signature on the digital credit card receipt thing, rather than just a quick scribble? Like it's a legal document or her Will or......jeeeeees....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Mike the Fox » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:30 am

I seem to get in line at the convenience store behind the full time calculating gambler. “ please double check my 42 scratch tickets and 8 mega trillions tickets. Ooh I won $17! Ok let’s see, I’ll take 2 of the $2 tickets. No wait make that 3. Then I need ....... For the love of Nancy let me pay for my beer and go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike the Fox
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:43 am

Mike the Fox wrote:I seem to get in line at the convenience store behind the full time calculating gambler. “ please double check my 42 scratch tickets and 8 mega trillions tickets. Ooh I won $17! Ok let’s see, I’ll take 2 of the $2 tickets. No wait make that 3. Then I need ....... For the love of Nancy let me pay for my beer and go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially when there's a self-check machine sitting right there in front of them. :fingerhead:

As the occasional instant buyer myself, I do the expensive ones and usually use the lotto machine. I know what I'm going to buy. As I wait to slam my $60.00 in to buy two $30 tickets, I get stuck behind some geek playing $5 and painfully and endlessly evaluating which 5 $1 tickets are going to make them rich.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole