Pet peeves..

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rat Creek » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:55 am

HNTFSH wrote:"MAYBE'S"

I cannot stand people who cannot commit YES or NO to an event like going hunting, golfing, fishing, shooting pool, etc.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: I love this thread.

Dude, my inlaws are from NE Iowa, the home of Iowa Nice. :rolleyes: There is absolutely nothing nice about it. :no: They would cause you to seek counseling. :yes:

It is virtually impossible to get a decision out of them for anything without an extended game of non-committal, non-confrontation, passive aggressive "Iowa Nice." :rolleyes:

Though they know full well- what they want for dinner or whether they can join you for a hunt on Saturday, the response is ALWAYS non-committal.

I don't care, its up to you.
When do you think....
Whatever you think is fine...
Should we.....
If that's what you want, then I guess that's fine...
Let me check something and get back to you....

The thing that makes them insane is my abrupt decisions. :yes: :fingerpt:
Inlaw: Hey Rat, what should we do for dinner?
Rat: Let's get pizza so everyone can get what they want.
Inlaw: Well, if that's what your really want, I guess that's what we will do.

That is me breaking the traditional back and forth of - I don't care, its up to you. I don't care, its up to you. No, I really don't care. Whatever you think.

When everyone of them is a super picky eater and has ONE THING in mind. :hammer: :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:38 am

Rat Creek wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:"MAYBE'S"

I cannot stand people who cannot commit YES or NO to an event like going hunting, golfing, fishing, shooting pool, etc.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: I love this thread.

Dude, my inlaws are from NE Iowa, the home of Iowa Nice. :rolleyes: There is absolutely nothing nice about it. :no: They would cause you to seek counseling. :yes:

It is virtually impossible to get a decision out of them for anything without an extended game of non-committal, non-confrontation, passive aggressive "Iowa Nice." :rolleyes:

Though they know full well- what they want for dinner or whether they can join you for a hunt on Saturday, the response is ALWAYS non-committal.

I don't care, its up to you.
When do you think....
Whatever you think is fine...
Should we.....
If that's what you want, then I guess that's fine...
Let me check something and get back to you....

The thing that makes them insane is my abrupt decisions. :yes: :fingerpt:
Inlaw: Hey Rat, what should we do for dinner?
Rat: Let's get pizza so everyone can get what they want.
Inlaw: Well, if that's what your really want, I guess that's what we will do.

That is me breaking the traditional back and forth of - I don't care, its up to you. I don't care, its up to you. No, I really don't care. Whatever you think.

When everyone of them is a super picky eater and has ONE THING in mind. :hammer: :rolleyes:

:lol3: That's the bro-in-law profile. :hammer:

We've established an every-other-weekend pool shooting regimen but I AM THE ONE that always has to confirm we're on. He has a 40 minute drive from a small town. We shoot for 5 hours so it's a good part of the day. Did so again this week:
The texting:

Me on Weds: Hey, you on for Saturday or Sunday?
Him: Saturday MIGHT be better. :rolleyes:
Me: OK - lets do Saturday.
Him: OK, maybe...have to see if the weather's gonna be bad.
Me on Thurs: Ok, if the roads suck we can punt, let's call it Friday afternoon. (no call made, he should be deciding)
Him on Saturday morning: Hey, are we playing? :huh:
Me: I am waiting on you Mr. Maybe! :fingerhead:
Him: Oh!...lol :huh:
Me: Wanna meet there at noon like usual?
Him: Or do you wanna eat first and then go?
Me: I don't care, you call it.
Him: 30 minutes go by and no response
Me: If you wanna eat cool...you pick the place and we'll meet at 11:00
Him: Subway or Chipotle?
Me: Chipotle, Subway is 100% processed crap at least Chipotle we'll get food poisoned faster

Most of the others I complain about KNOW they want to agree on doing something on a specific day but they must think I can READ THEIR MIND. It's terrible behavior IMO. Just as bad as picking up Charlie at 4:00 am to be the 1st to the honey hole and when you get to his house, he's still asleep in bed. :no:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:45 pm

Mike the Fox wrote:I seem to get in line at the convenience store behind the full time calculating gambler. “ please double check my 42 scratch tickets and 8 mega trillions tickets. Ooh I won $17! Ok let’s see, I’ll take 2 of the $2 tickets. No wait make that 3. Then I need ....... For the love of Nancy let me pay for my beer and go!

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: That is a very common affliction. You walk in the store and it is empty, but by the time you grab the beer out of the cooler in the back of the store, the lotto player is at the counter. :crying:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:32 pm

The term "common sense" when used by political types. It always leads to statements like-

Every American supports "common sense" gun control laws.

We need "common sense" restrictions on hate speech.

"Common sense" controls on carbon will save the planet.

And you can be certain, they do not agree with what you think is common sense. :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:35 am

Rat Creek wrote:The term "common sense" when used by political types. It always leads to statements like-

And you can be certain, they do not agree with what you think is common sense. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's a good one. I hate the liberal language that makes you "stupid" if you don't agree with the solutions that they think are common sense. Or "afraid" (as in any of the "phob" references) when you don't agree with their policies on gay rights and transgender issues.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:36 pm

HNTFSH wrote:Most of the others I complain about KNOW they want to agree on doing something on a specific day but they must think I can READ THEIR MIND. It's terrible behavior IMO.

My company is based in Iowa City, and I just got burned by my "Iowa Nice" pet peeve again last week (and into this week). After committing a person two-weeks ago to do three-days of training in New Mexico, our customer reserved hotel space, invited their folks and sent me a draft agenda. As this is a government agency, they did all sorts of bureaucracy paperwork as people coming to the training have to travel and stay over in the hotel.

I shared the draft agenda with the Iowa-based trainer last week who modified the heck out of it. Fast forward three :censored: days, and he finally says that he cannot do the training on the middle day (Wednesday) as he has an all-day virtual meeting. :mad: :mad: :mad:

All he had to do is say that two weeks ago, and it would be no big deal. :fingerhead: But by being indirect and expecting people to read his mind or notice some nuanced communication, we have a mess FOR ME TO SOLVE. :sad: And his response to this is he "just figured" he could adjust the agenda enough to make that a travel day for the second group. :no: :rolleyes: And he could not. :mad:

Dude, just open your pie-hole and speak clearly. We will thank you for not being "nice", and will not be offended that you were direct. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:06 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:Most of the others I complain about KNOW they want to agree on doing something on a specific day but they must think I can READ THEIR MIND. It's terrible behavior IMO.

My company is based in Iowa City, and I just got burned by my "Iowa Nice" pet peeve again last week (and into this week). After committing a person two-weeks ago to do three-days of training in New Mexico, our customer reserved hotel space, invited their folks and sent me a draft agenda. As this is a government agency, they did all sorts of bureaucracy paperwork as people coming to the training have to travel and stay over in the hotel.

I shared the draft agenda with the Iowa-based trainer last week who modified the heck out of it. Fast forward three :censored: days, and he finally says that he cannot do the training on the middle day (Wednesday) as he has an all-day virtual meeting. :mad: :mad: :mad:

All he had to do is say that two weeks ago, and it would be no big deal. :fingerhead: But by being indirect and expecting people to read his mind or notice some nuanced communication, we have a mess FOR ME TO SOLVE. :sad: And his response to this is he "just figured" he could adjust the agenda enough to make that a travel day for the second group. :no: :rolleyes: And he could not. :mad:

Dude, just open your pie-hole and speak clearly. We will thank you for not being "nice", and will not be offended that you were direct. :no:

You can always tell the ones that have never worked in an income performance based role. :fingerhead: Sorry to hear it, that crap makes me ballistic and there's little outlet for it. :crying:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby dakotashooter2 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:42 pm

Rat Creek wrote:The term "common sense" when used by political types. It always leads to statements like-

It should be against the law to use the term common sense when you have none.... :hammer: :hammer:
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:36 pm

We've been needing another law.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:57 am

When you have something in your hand while you're looking for something else and when you find it you realize you have lost what you were holding in your hand :no:
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:43 am

OGblackcloud wrote:When you have something in your hand while you're looking for something else and when you find it you realize you have lost what you were holding in your hand :no:

:yes: I do that all of the time. I will head for the tool box for another tool, and upon return realize I misplaced the first tool, reading glasses or something. :oops: :rolleyes: The tool I misplace the most by far is a tape measure. When I start a project, I purposefully drag out 3-4 tapes knowing I will keep misplacing one. :oops:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Tim Terrell » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:39 pm

If you drive with your left arm out the window like you're holding the driver's door shut... I think you're a jerk-ass.
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems some stereotyping is going on there. :lol3:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:53 pm

:lol3: It would have never occurred to me to hate that but now that it's been said, I agree! :hammer:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:53 pm

Even worse are the nitwits driving down the highway holding their arms out the window onto whatever they just tied to the roof with twine. Buy some real rope and learn how to tie a friggin knot already! :mad:
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:44 am

Seems to me that a couple of arms out the window might steady things a little.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby TrapperRob » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 pm

What is wrong with having your arm out the window. When my window is down my elbow sticks out a little. Heck sometimes I’ll get the wife and kids to put there arms out and we pretend we are flying....
Be a mentor.

Semper Paratus
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:47 pm

TrapperRob wrote:Heck sometimes I’ll get the wife and kids to put there arms out and we pretend we are flying....

Nice to know there are still families who drop acid together.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Boatman » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:51 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:When you have something in your hand while you're looking for something else and when you find it you realize you have lost what you were holding in your hand :no:
How about when you're talking on your phone and you're looking for your phone as well
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 pm

:lol3: :lol3:
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby sprigs4days » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:59 pm

When I have the drive thru in sight and no other car in line, 5 seconds before I turn in a car bests me to it, then proceeds to order half of the gotdamn menu.
“Life is hard, but it’s harder when you’re stupid” J. Kennedy (R-LA)
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:01 pm

Rick Hall wrote:
TrapperRob wrote:Heck sometimes I’ll get the wife and kids to put there arms out and we pretend we are flying....

Nice to know there are still families who drop acid together.

And here I thought that went out with the Manson family
“Life is hard, but it’s harder when you’re stupid” J. Kennedy (R-LA)
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:04 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So yesterday, I risk catching and spreading the Chinese virus by going to Walmart on my way to the lake cabin, and is often the case, I grab a cart, rumble over the non-slip rough tile into the store. When I get onto the smooth tile, I discover my cart has a major flat spot on one of the tires. :sad: Seems I often get the cart with the flat tire or the endless rotating front wheel.

No way I am riding that clunk, clunk, clunk for the two miles I need to cover in the store, so its back to the cart stockade. :help:

THAT is how hard my first-world-life is. :violin:

But on a positive note, I was able to buy a four pack of mega TP rolls, so that evens it out I guess. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:57 am

Tic-Tock
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Tim Terrell » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:15 pm

If you like to park in front of the entry/exit doors at Kroger's--marked FIRE LANE--NO PARKING with a painted yellow curb--while Momma's inside buying 12 cases of Mountain Dew-- you're a jerk-ass.
Tim Terrell
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole