Pet peeves..

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:55 pm

Dang, Tim, instead of mellowing with age, you've soured to vinegar. Need to get the hell out the house and go hang out in your marsh a while.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Tim Terrell » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:34 pm

Hey Rick-- nah, just venting a bit being on week #4 of 'house arrest' here in Indiana. Besides, these boards need some traffic. LOL.
Ethyl and I spent the better part of March working out at the marsh property--and watching the Grand Procession of all those ducks we didn't see last season. 'Have to say a fully plumed Blue-wing drake is nothing short of spectacular. Then those gaudy drake Shovelers showed-up and... Oh MY. I should be hunting with a camera.
'Hope you and your clan are 'weathering the storm. Stay well.
--Tim
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby Boatman » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:47 pm

sprigs4days wrote:When I have the drive thru in sight and no other car in line, 5 seconds before I turn in a car bests me to it, then proceeds to order half of the gotdamn menu.
Happens to me all the time except like three cars shoot in front of me
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
Boatman
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:05 am

Tim Terrell wrote:Hey Rick-- nah, just venting a bit being on week #4 of 'house arrest' here in Indiana. Besides, these boards need some traffic. LOL.
Ethyl and I spent the better part of March working out at the marsh property--and watching the Grand Procession of all those ducks we didn't see last season. 'Have to say a fully plumed Blue-wing drake is nothing short of spectacular. Then those gaudy drake Shovelers showed-up and... Oh MY. I should be hunting with a camera.
'Hope you and your clan are 'weathering the storm. Stay well.
--Tim

Sweet Chereaux has a badly boogered immune system and asthma, so we're having to be extra cautious, but other than not getting to hug the grandkids, life is good.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:52 am

Ok, two things really pissed me of this week.

1. Earlier in the week I was taking a package to the post office in the little town 3 miles north of my place. On the way I passed a school and noticed a line of vehicles almost completely surrounding the school. People were sitting in them waiting on something and since school wasn't in session it puzzled me. When I got to the post office I ask the lady working if she knew what was going on at the school. She replied they are waiting for their free lunches. Now Im a firm believer in using tax dollars to help the needy but I didn't see many people that I thought were needy especially since 85% of them were sitting in either 40,000 -55000 dollar SUVs and 4 door pickups. I think to myself on the way home, they are using the system and it just doesn't say much for the class of person they are. If they can afford vehicles like that they can afford to feed their kid lunch. When I got home I got out of my 2003 F150 FX4, walked in the house and ate a lunch I paid for myself.

2. This morning pissed off number two happened. I got up at 6 Am. fixed a pot of coffee, poured a bit in a go cup and headed to Kroger for their 7 AM Senior shopping hour. Im sitting in the lot and cars started coming into the parking lot. No big deal except half of the occupants were millennials . Hey you dumb Fks youre not seniors, theres a reason they let seniors in ,try adhering to the rules.

3.Rant over, have a Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat Day
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:12 am

cluckmeister wrote:On the way I passed a school and noticed a line of vehicles almost completely surrounding the school. People were sitting in them waiting on something and since school wasn't in session it puzzled me. When I got to the post office I ask the lady working if she knew what was going on at the school. She replied they are waiting for their free lunches.

Though it varies a little by state, if a family of four has an adjusted gross income under $45K, they qualify for Reduced Meal prices (breakfast, lunch, and after school snacks). Under about 33K, and everything is free. Schools are not IRS auditors and will take your word on about anything. Hey, I was just laid off. No problem, your kid gets free lunch. :rolleyes: No one tells the school when they are employed again. :no:

Nationally, about 50% of all kids are on Free or Reduced Meals. And the real kicker is if a school has 75% free or reduced lunch participation, the entire school population is deemed eligible. I guess to just gets rid of all the paperwork.

And sadly just like any other dependency, families now have a full expectation that the other taxpayers will feed their kids, so its time to jump in the $40K SUV to go pick up the "free stuff."

And more sadly, without this, there really are parents who will let their kids go without food because it is no longer their job. :sad:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:17 am

Tim Terrell wrote:If you like to park in front of the entry/exit doors at Kroger's--marked FIRE LANE--NO PARKING with a painted yellow curb--while Momma's inside buying 12 cases of Mountain Dew-- you're a jerk-ass.

Dang. That's a good one. :hammer: Maybe change the sign to - If you Park Here, you are a Jerk-Ass and people are encourage to Key Your Vehicle. :yes:

Adding to it, there are also those who will park in the same Fire Lane and run in themselves as they are "only needing a few items." :rolleyes: I have noticed this entitlement parking disease afflicts more German car and Range Rover drivers than the general population. :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:26 am

Boatman wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:When I have the drive thru in sight and no other car in line, 5 seconds before I turn in a car bests me to it, then proceeds to order half of the gotdamn menu.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And they study the menu for a long time while carrying on a conversation with others in the car, as if the menu has changed in the past twenty years. :rolleyes:

And Boatman, after they order half the menu and pick it up, they remain parked at the window checking each item and unwrapping sandwiches to be sure that there are no pickles on Junior's cheeseburger. :no:

My kids would hate on me because I refused to add special instructions (no pickles), and let them know that even if the order is wrong, we are eating what's in the bag. Its fast food, not a prescription. :hammer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Tim Terrell » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:25 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
Tim Terrell wrote:If you like to park in front of the entry/exit doors at Kroger's--marked FIRE LANE--NO PARKING with a painted yellow curb--while Momma's inside buying 12 cases of Mountain Dew-- you're a jerk-ass.

Dang. That's a good one. :hammer: Maybe change the sign to - If you Park Here, you are a Jerk-Ass and people are encourage to Key Your Vehicle. :yes:

Adding to it, there are also those who will park in the same Fire Lane and run in themselves as they are "only needing a few items." :rolleyes: I have noticed this entitlement parking disease afflicts more German car and Range Rover drivers than the general population. :rolleyes:

A few year's back...
As I walked around some inbred scum sitting inside his rotting 40yr old pickup and blocking the entry to Krogers... I says loud enough to be heard "Yellow curb don't mean VIP parking--it means NO PARKING." Or maybe it was "Who died and made you Princess Grace?"
Anyway, I went inside and did my shopping and upon exiting... before-mentioned scum was waiting for me outside the door. He says--while waving a skinny arm in a cast... "I heard what you said!"
I replied "Good! I meant every word" and went on my way a better man for it. LOL.

I don't know about Rat and Cluck, but I'm finding this thread to be somewhat cathartic. :hammer:
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:16 am

Tim Terrell wrote:I don't know about Rat and Cluck, but I'm finding this thread to be somewhat cathartic. :hammer:

Sounding more and more like you need it.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:34 am

Tim Terrell wrote:I don't know about Rat and Cluck, but I'm finding this thread to be somewhat cathartic. :hammer:

Cathartic and then some. :thumbsup: Cracks me up as bad behavior seems to be the same everywhere, and some of it is just "what the :censored:" type behavior. :huh:

And the stereotyping is too funny, but as a Ph.D. researcher friend of mine says- "Stereotypes are not made up, they are earned." :yes: He then goes on to point out- "however, they are generally applied in the most cruel and demeaning way."

And he is correct. :yes: That's the best way to use them. :tongue:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby sprigs4days » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:03 am

Rat Creek wrote:
Boatman wrote:

And they study the menu for a long time while carrying on a conversation with others in the car, as if the menu has changed in the past twenty years. rolleyes:
:

When I see that it’s a beat up suv with a female the size of Rosie O’Donnell and she keeps turning her bowling ball head to the backseat, I know I’m ****ed.
“Life is hard, but it’s harder when you’re stupid” J. Kennedy (R-LA)
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:53 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent job painting the picture. :lol3:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Beautiful sunny spring day, and I am at the Wally. I finish putting my rations in the vehicle and walk my cart to the corral. As I do so, I watch a normal, healthy looking lady put the tailgate down on her Mercedes SUV.

She is just on the other side of a parking lot island, halfway across the parking lot; likely to protect her Mercedes from the door dingers who park closest. I get that. The parking spot on the opposite side of the island is empty, and the cart corral is right next to that; so maybe twenty feet away from her....maybe.

This lady expended 4x the energy to lift the front wheels of her cart and wrestle it onto the island. The cart rolled back off a couple of times, until she could maneuver the wheels so that it would stay put. :no: All to be just plain lazy and inconsiderate. :rolleyes:

C’mon man. You have just walked 80 yards to get in the store, two miles inside the giant box store, pushed your cart 80 yards to your vehicle, and now you will not walk TWENTY :censored: feet to put it away correctly. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

People are odd. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:15 pm

Rat Creek wrote:Beautiful sunny spring day, and I am at the Wally. I finish putting my rations in the vehicle and walk my cart to the corral. As I do so, I watch a normal, healthy looking lady put the tailgate down on her Mercedes SUV.

She is just on the other side of a parking lot island, halfway across the parking lot; likely to protect her Mercedes from the door dingers who park closest. I get that. The parking spot on the opposite side of the island is empty, and the cart corral is right next to that; so maybe twenty feet away from her....maybe.

This lady expended 4x the energy to lift the front wheels of her cart and wrestle it onto the island. The cart rolled back off a couple of times, until she could maneuver the wheels so that it would stay put. :no: All to be just plain lazy and inconsiderate. :rolleyes:

C’mon man. You have just walked 80 yards to get in the store, two miles inside the giant box store, pushed your cart 80 yards to your vehicle, and now you will not walk TWENTY :censored: feet to put it away correctly. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

People are odd. :no:

My guess is her teenager works there.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:14 pm

HNTFSH wrote:My guess is her teenager works there.

No chance.

First off, this is Johnson County, KS. Yuppie central for the KC area. Young people in this county will not work at Walmart or any place that serves food. I hear those are non-starters. It is beneath them. In fact, long before the $15 per hour commie thing started, the local McDonald's franchise not only was paying $15 per hour, but actually had a passenger van they used to go pick up the workers from the lower rent area of town. And shazam, can you imagine the franchisee made that decision without Big Gov. :yes: Astounding. :hammer:

Secondly, no one who drives a "statement vehicle" like a Mercedes would allow their kid to work at a Walmart. That would reflect badly on her, and obviously, her image is very, very important, thus why she is not driving a commoner's SUV. Keep in mind, 85% of German cars are leased so that people who want the image can make the payment without actually having to own for the vehicle. You do not do all that to have your crumb-cruncher teenager ruin that quaffed image by wearing a Walmart vest and collect shopping carts.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:00 am

:lol3: Fair enough. I'd taken the Mercedes out of my though process on that one.

Yes - normally I see these self-impressed violators as middle aged chubby fake blonds in work-out spandex with excessive make-up on. I've always been annoyed by people that live in bubbles. I can see how it happens but I also see why it shouldn't.

I lay on the horn a little longer when a light turns green as these folks are scrolling their phone ahead of me not moving. Most often they're offended and I love that. :lol3:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Tim Terrell » Fri May 15, 2020 3:26 pm

Am I the only one what's had a belly-full of all these 'at home' broadcasts of news, weather and personal interest stories? Half the time It's like watching a cheap-budget '60s Japanese Sci-Fi movie where the moving lips don't match the audio. You know, out of synch?
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon May 18, 2020 6:27 am

Guys - I don't really need the money so thought I'd pass this on to those that are interested.

UNITED NATION LOTTERY COVID 19. COMPENSATION 2020 .IMMEDIATE RELEASE OF PAYMENT WITH REFERENCE NO:BCA6/385/ 05-2020.

Dear Valued Winner.

My name is Mr. Richard Moore, FROM UNITED NATION,you are to contact Director Operation Transfer Department BANK CENTRAL ASIA, INDONESIA JAKARTA for your payment. your name and email address is among the winners of UNITED NATION COVID 19 LOTTERY. that won $85,000.00.kindly get back to us for your claim.

CONTACT PERSON IN THE BANK FOR YOUR CLAIM.
EMAIL: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> Mr Rudy.
Bank Central Asia.
Jakarta Indonesia.

MR RICHARD MOORE.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Mon May 18, 2020 7:31 am

Really appreciate that. :thumbsup:

However, I am also not in need. A Nigerian Prince is moving millions from Nigeria to the US though my bank account, and he will leave me 10% of the total, so I am set for life. :hammer: :thumbsup: I should see that account swelling any day now. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rat Creek » Tue May 19, 2020 9:42 am

People who do not understand how time zones work, particularly my California colleagues who schedule meetings that begin for me at 5pm CDT, and for my Eastern time zone peeps at 6pm CDT. :rolleyes:

On one occasion a CA based person scheduled me at 5pm on a Friday claiming it was her only available time. I said I had a personal obligation and if she could not move it earlier, I was available either Saturday or Sunday mornings. All of the sudden, she found the ability to move it up earlier in the day, thus revealing the "I'm just so busy" was all for show. :rolleyes: :yes:

Corporate Meeting 101: Don't schedule 8am or 4pm meetings. It shows disregard for all the other steaming piles of poo people are dealing with. :fingerpt:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Tue May 19, 2020 11:17 am

Rat Creek wrote:People who do not understand how time zones work, particularly my California colleagues who schedule meetings that begin for me at 5pm CDT, and for my Eastern time zone peeps at 6pm CDT. :rolleyes:

On one occasion a CA based person scheduled me at 5pm on a Friday claiming it was her only available time. I said I had a personal obligation and if she could not move it earlier, I was available either Saturday or Sunday mornings. All of the sudden, she found the ability to move it up earlier in the day, thus revealing the "I'm just so busy" was all for show. :rolleyes: :yes:

Corporate Meeting 101: Don't schedule 8am or 4pm meetings. It shows disregard for all the other steaming piles of poo people are dealing with. :fingerpt:

:lol3: :lol3: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Brits are no better about it. "Hey...cool...a 5:00 am Con Call" :fingerhead: NO!!!
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Tue May 19, 2020 11:43 am

HNTFSH wrote: :lol3: :lol3: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Brits are no better about it. "Hey...cool...a 5:00 am Con Call" :fingerhead: NO!!!

I am not encouraging it, but I will take a very early meeting over a late meeting every time. :thumbsup: By the time I get to 4pm or 5pm, I am freaking talked out. :sad: That's why most managers schedule late days for brainless activities like reviewing and approving time cards and expense reports. :crying:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Tue May 19, 2020 11:47 am

Rat Creek wrote:
HNTFSH wrote: :lol3: :lol3: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Brits are no better about it. "Hey...cool...a 5:00 am Con Call" :fingerhead: NO!!!

I am not encouraging it, but I will take a very early meeting over a late meeting every time. :thumbsup: By the time I get to 4pm or 5pm, I am freaking talked out. :sad: That's why most managers schedule late days for brainless activities like reviewing and approving time cards and expense reports. :crying:

I generally agree and for years covered coast to coast too and absolutely hated doing calls starting at 6:00 pm. Especially in summer.

Apparently however, you've not talked to an arrogant, clueless Brit at 5:00 am. :lol3:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:08 pm

When I came across this, I thought of this thread. :devil:

ties.JPG
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole