Pet peeves..

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:27 am

Have we talked about how when you buy a new pair of pants and they have 7 tags and 5 stickers on them that you have to take off?
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. - Aldo Leopold
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 23693
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Botiz630 wrote:Have we talked about how when you buy a new pair of pants and they have 7 tags and 5 stickers on them that you have to take off?


:yes: And waht is the purpose of these tags?
Attachments
tags.PNG
tags.PNG (399.92 KiB) Viewed 430 times
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12973
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:39 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:Have we talked about how when you buy a new pair of pants and they have 7 tags and 5 stickers on them that you have to take off?


:yes: And waht is the purpose of these tags?


Is it mattresses that say it's illegal to remove? :huh:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:36 pm

You know he's a rebel
User avatar
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 25000
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Minnesota / Calif.

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:12 pm

The fancification of stores.

I live in a smallish town. Our tractor supply was being gutted when I walked in today. I got to talking to one of the ladies that works there and she said they are getting a remodel.

They are putting in a dog wash and she said they had been told the store would be dropping some of their product lines. She said they hadn’t been told which ones but we both guessed it would be the things that people around here go to tractor supply for.
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. - Aldo Leopold
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 23693
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:13 pm

I missed this thread about bitchin about stuff.
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. - Aldo Leopold
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 23693
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rick Hall » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:29 pm

Botiz630 wrote:They are putting in a dog wash...


We have one of those that we find quite useful:
2011-2012hunting011-1a.jpg


P1010560.jpg
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 20345
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Most of us just don’t wash our dogs. Whose he trying to impress?

Truth be told old Jack has been so slowed down by bad hips that he just lays around most of the time these days. Rolling over for a belly rub is about as riled up as he gets anymore.
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. - Aldo Leopold
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 23693
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Mike the Fox » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:27 pm

I got one. I’m pulling up to a 4 way intersection. Person is coming from my right, making a left hand turn to go past me but they cut off the corner forcing me to pile on the brakes and stop 100 feet short of the stop sign because their lazy ass can’t be bothered to make a correct turn. F’in jack wagons!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
Mike the Fox
hunter
 
Posts: 4049
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:58 pm
Location: good ol' Burnham

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rick Hall » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Botiz630 wrote:Whose he trying to impress?


The gal who won't let him sleep in her nice warm house without a pass through the pond to get rid of the marsh muck.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 20345
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:02 pm

Botiz630 wrote:I missed this thread about bitchin about stuff.


:yes: :yes: :yes:
It is cathartic, a fancy term for self-therapy. :hi:

For some reason, it gives me comfort that others are bothered by the same things. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :beer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12973
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:31 am

I was recently reminded of how much I can’t stand Canada.
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. - Aldo Leopold
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 23693
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Mike the Fox » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:49 am

Nobody can.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Mike the Fox
hunter
 
Posts: 4049
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:58 pm
Location: good ol' Burnham

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:56 am

What is the deal with this nationwide game of make-pretend they play with the Queen of England? What a bunch of dorks.
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. - Aldo Leopold
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 23693
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:39 am

:huh: I have no idea what that is, and I am bothered by it. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12973
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:20 pm

Lets talk socks .
How is it that the only time they look like a right and left is after you wear them but at any other time they all look like left foot socks :huh:
User avatar
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 25000
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Minnesota / Calif.

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Boatman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:24 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:Lets talk socks .
How is it that the only time they look like a right and left is after you wear them but at any other time they all look like left foot socks :huh:
Yeah why are shoes round on the end my feet are not round.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese
User avatar
Boatman
hunter
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Atlantic

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:38 am

Sounds like someone made it by the Dispensary on their way home. :help:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:42 am

The rigid clear plastic that requires a box cutter to break into. :mad: Who the hell thought that was a great idea? :huh: Nothing like putting your product in packaging that may slice the fingers of your customers. :fingerhead:

Some have now added perforations aka serrated edges to help you break into the product packaging, but most have not. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12973
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:47 am

I absolutely HATE "slides" those gaudy white trash wannabe flip flops.
And a new one for me is the new trend to call meat "protein" as in, on a menu when there's a burrito or salad and it says "pick your protein"
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
User avatar
Slack Tide
hunter
 
Posts: 9980
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: Great South Bay

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:32 pm

Rat Creek wrote:The rigid clear plastic that requires a box cutter to break into. :mad: Who the hell thought that was a great idea? :huh: Nothing like putting your product in packaging that may slice the fingers of your customers. :fingerhead:

Some have now added perforations aka serrated edges to help you break into the product packaging, but most have not. :no:


:lol3: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yes, when I need a carpet knife to open something with wires, electronics, etc... :fingerhead:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:37 pm

Grocery self-checkouts that have no item limit. The dumbest, slowest, people on earth are hypnotized to use them it seems. :no:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Baymen Moe » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:02 pm

Haven’t followed a lot of this thread so forgive me if this is a repeat. The people that park at gas pumps at convenience stores to shop and don’t buy gas.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:41 am
Location: New England

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:00 am

HNTFSH wrote:Grocery self-checkouts that have no item limit. The dumbest, slowest, people on earth are hypnotized to use them it seems. :no:


Image

I am one of those people at Wally that heads into the self-check with fairly full cart. You see, I have issues. :oops:

I have a packing strategy that allows me to carry bags to their final destination when I get home, instead of dumping eight bags on the kitchen island and treating it as a distribution center. :yes: Issues. :oops:

Destinations include (1) garage fridge (pop, beer), (2) kitchen fridge (refrigerated items), (3) pantry (dry and canned goods), (4) hall closet (TP, cleaning stuff), (5) keep in car (lake stuff) etc.

My hunting partners like my OCD though as we never lack the tool or supplies needed to complete the work when the nearest store is a 90 minute round trip. :beer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz
 
Posts: 12973
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:Grocery self-checkouts that have no item limit. The dumbest, slowest, people on earth are hypnotized to use them it seems. :no:


Image

I am one of those people at Wally that heads into the self-check with fairly full cart. You see, I have issues. :oops:

I have a packing strategy that allows me to carry bags to their final destination when I get home, instead of dumping eight bags on the kitchen island and treating it as a distribution center. :yes: Issues. :oops:

Destinations include (1) garage fridge (pop, beer), (2) kitchen fridge (refrigerated items), (3) pantry (dry and canned goods), (4) hall closet (TP, cleaning stuff), (5) keep in car (lake stuff) etc.

My hunting partners like my OCD though as we never lack the tool or supplies needed to complete the work when the nearest store is a 90 minute round trip. :beer:


I'll forgive your indiscretion on one condition.

You never do that while with a grand-baby, letting them have fun learning how to scan a cart full of items while you take phone pics of their cuteness.

Cause THAT...is twice as bad as 5 Asians with PHD's trying to figure out the self-checkout machine with their box Lo mein noodles.

:fingerhead:
Deplorable Since 1776
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 41333
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ohio mike and 18 guests