Pet peeves..

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:33 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I promise. Pinky swear. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:20 am

What are ya a Girl Scout
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:56 am

OGblackcloud wrote:What are ya a Girl Scout

Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:08 am

:lol3: :lol3: You win
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:24 pm

:lol3:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:59 am

This is Two for One Monday. Yaay. :rolleyes:

#1: I know this has been listed before, but it is the gift that keeps on giving. The people who refuse to return their cart to the cart rack. Was at Wally over the weekend and here is a cart that was just so close to making it home. So this NON-handicapped person was willing to walk hundreds of yards throughout the giant big box store, but just could not go twenty feet more. :no: :rolleyes:

#2: Slow walkers. :no: Truly, the people who move at glacial speed in the store. You could time them in the 40 yard dash with a sun dial. :no: I would guess that they are starving and trying to prevent unnecessary calorie burn, but based upon their physical nature, they have missed no meals.....ever. :eek: C'mon man. Some of us want to get our stuff and get out as we have other calorie burning things to do before the end of the day. :hammer:
Attachments
cart.PNG
cart.PNG (448.78 KiB) Viewed 126 times
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:06 am

Not really a pet peeve but more of a complaint about my wife. Your mention of walmart made me think of it.

When I go to the store, I have a check list. Granted occassionally, I think of something not on the list, but if it's on the list, there is no thought necessary, grab and go.

My wife on the other hand has a list. I don't know what on God's green Earth kind of list it is. It's things I am going to think about getting but not all the things I'm going to think about getting list. Her list is worse than not having a list. Half the things we get are not on the list and half the things on the list we don't get.

When I get to the point of bitching, she will say something like "I don't want to have to come back." My thought is that I could come back 3 times and still be quicker. I cannot stand shopping with my wife. We generally see things the same way or close enough, but this is the one thing where we definitely are not on the same page or even in the same book.

I have my list. When grocery shopping, I go to the back and work to the front. I do go down every aisle just in case it triggers something I forgot, but it's zip through, don't stare. No doubling back. My wife might double, triple back. And don't reanalyze your past decisions on detergent, dish soap, ... I'll pay $50 to get through quicker, so I am not going to spend time figuring out if something is 10 cents cheaper this time. There are only a few things I look at price. When they are low, I buy a bunch. When they are not, I buy a few. I can get done in probably 1/3rd the time she can.

She'll give me grief about being on my phone. It's me trying to keep my sanity while you spend 10 minutes deciding on something we have bought for the last 30 years we have been together. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And no, this post was not made in the grocery store while I'm waiting for her to decide. Although, it would be far from the first time :yes:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:19 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
When I go to the store, I have a check list. Granted occassionally, I think of something not on the list, but if it's on the list, there is no thought necessary, grab and go.

My wife on the other hand has a list. I don't know what on God's green Earth kind of list it is.

:yes: :lol3:

Well, let me help you feel better about your situation. My lovely bride and I do not shop together because I approach it like you, and she hates that. :yes:

My lovely bride KNOWS everything she needs, so does not bring a list. Then about twenty minutes after she returns home, I get in the car to go pick up the eight things she forgot using my list. Rinse and repeat for thirty years. :crying:

Yes, I could eat a meal that was missing key ingredients or go another day without shaving my beautiful face, but I choose to get in the car instead. :help:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:13 pm

:lol3: Speaking of wives and grocery stores.........

Hell no I do not shop with the wife, I am meat and potatoes she is tofu and organic deodorant. :rolleyes: I eat more pounds of food but her food is 30% higher. :huh:

But anyway - the "clean earth movement" does little about all the virtue masks littering parking lots these days. Cheap, soiled, disgusting masks line the lots and are never "picked up" by the retailer. You'd think when the zit-faced kid is sent out to pull in the carts so they can be "sanitized" from the COVID that someone would think the nasty snot masks might need swept up to? :huh:

On wives...mine likes to talk to herself. I largely learn to ignore it but lately when she mumbles something in earshot I say "WHAT"? She'll then say "I was talking to myself" to which I reply "Please don't". :lol3:

I've tried to explain I am happy to focus if she's talking to ME but I cannot focus if she's talking to HERSELF. :mad:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:01 pm

He/Him, She/Her, Ze/Hir and Ze/Zir.

I don't know if it is required for federal agencies or if it is just the group of leftwing nuts with whom my company works, but all of the people from this federal agency have incorporated these pronouns into the signature lines both in email and for zoom meetings. I do not think it is required and is simple fake virtue signaling.

I have yet to learn what Ze, Hir and Zir are, but I am guessing it is someone who will soon have a hole where none existed before or will undergo the surgery called - Addadictome. :help:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:29 pm

These made up words sounds more like sieg heil than the language of a sane nation.

Although, I prefer heil myself.

I got a survey from the IL DNR. I started through it and when I got to my "prefered pronoun" it just pissed me off. Then there was another question about being otherly abled or some such nonsense. When my Dad got crippled he didn't get :censored: superpowers which is what otherly abled BS sounds like. No he was severely disable and was able to do very little without a lot of pain and suffering.

These stupid questions pissed me off and I didn't waste my time on their survey.

What next, when you go to the doctor and step on the scale, the doctor puts down what weight you identify as. After all, the 82 lb anorexic normally identifies as a 200+ lb fatty. Her disconnect from reality is what is do her so much harm. I go to the doctor in a couple days, when I get on the scale, maybe I can tell her that is wrong, I feel like I lost weight, I don't care what your scale says. :huh:

When what you see in your brain doesn't match up with the real world, you have serious problems.

Better not tell the next nutjob that thinks he is Jesus Christ that he cannot actually walk on water, just let him go because that is how he identifies.

I feel terrible for these people. They have serious problems. But this ain't taking it :censored: serious.

Whatever your delusion is, we should just play along :rolleyes: Yep, that's what passes for "science" these days. This crap is a huge pet peeve of mine. There is no excuse to mistreat these people but the solution to the a$$holes of the world is not playing make believe and corrupting objective facts, not just by politicians but so-called scientists.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:59 pm

Fake - Going out of Business Sales. :no:

There is a furniture store (Orman's) in south KC that has had signs outside promoting the Going out of Business Sale for no fewer than FIFTEEN YEARS, and that is NOT an exaggeration. :no: :rolleyes:

On my way back from the dentist this morning, I headed down that street and had an "Are you f :censored: ing kidding me" moment when seeing all the fresh signs proclaiming this fake sale. :no: :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole